IBM Watson Health - Java Developer
IBM's Industry Consultants are essential to our clients as they work to reinvent themselves for the future. Join our highly visible and highly skilled team of global consultants as we strive to accelerate sales, deliver client engagements, and build IBM's market eminence. If you are a forward-thinker and a curious intellectual, we welcome you to apply for your next exciting career challenge!
Your Role and Responsibilities
Come work at IBM, the world's largest technology and consulting company. IBM is now searching for talented Java developers to join our Social Program Management (SPM) team in IBM Watson Health.
With operations in 170 countries, you will make a real impact by solving complex business and technical issues for the world's leading clients. You will do challenging work across multiple industries and sectors, as well as governments and agencies, to make a real difference.
As a Java Developer, you will join a team helping customers to meet their business objectives and become a team member in project implementations. You will have the opportunity to learn the technical aspects of the Java based IBM Social Program Management Web based Application in an enterprise environment using Java, JEE, and other web application technologies and tools including REST and the React framework. You will work with clients and systems integration partners on requirements definition/elaboration, functional and technical design and development, fit/gap (from a technical, functional and non-functional perspective) and SPM technical configuration and customization (Java, XML, rules, workflow, etc.).
To be successful in this role you need to be passionate about technology and have at least 2 years' experience in the delivery of Java and/or JEE solutions.
- Design, develop, code and test SPM Java components in a web/integration context, utilizing Java, XML, JSON REST services, SQL.
- Use development best practices and tooling, for example ANT, GitLab, Docker, Jenkins, Junit/Mocks and SonarQube.
- Contribute to technical aspects of small to large scale implementations. This can include Proofs of Concept (POCs), other smaller-scale projects, and major components of large-scale projects.
- Work as part of a team with senior systems integration partner and/or customer staff to develop and deliver components of an enterprise architecture based on the SPM product, and to ensure that IBM's interests are represented in this architecture at all times.
- Communicate effectively in written and verbal forms including presentations.
- Establish and maintain a positive working relationship with fellow employees, partners and customers, and to promote IBM's technical credibility as a capable and trusted partner.
- Learn and grow your skills related to SPM implementations including cloud, data migration, web services, reporting and analytics and application security.
We live in a moment of remarkable change and opportunity. The convergence of data and technology is transforming industries, society and even the workplace. Together we'll do things generations before couldn't dream of. Join us.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Applied experience in a hands-on developer related role (i.e. application developer, software engineer, technical consultant, systems engineer, etc.) working either for an information technology firm or directly with client stakeholders and with end to end lifecycle project experience including design, development, test and deployment
- Applied experience in Java/JEE/XML development
- Experience in the areas of written communication and presentation delivery
- Experience with relational databases (DB2 or Oracle) and SQL
- Experience with dealing with customers and stakeholders on a face to face basis.
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Experience in web service development, both SOAP and REST
- Experience in agile methodologies - SCRUM or Kanban
- Experience in React framework
- Experience in DevOps/Continuous integration environments
- Experience in JEE scalability and performance, and application security
- Experience in design patterns, design methods and UML
- Experience in SPM implementations
- Experience with either Websphere or Weblogic application servers
- Java Programmer Certification
About Business Unit
IBM Watson Health is pioneering a new partnership between humanity and technology with the goal of transforming global health and revolutionizing many aspects of the medical and pharmaceutical industries, as well as government sectors. We aspire to improve lives and give hope by delivering innovation to address the world's most pressing health challenges through data and artificial intelligence insights.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you're looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities - where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust - where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM's greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Back to top