IBM System Z Software Client Technical Specialist
- Analyze customer business issues and pains; design and develop System Z technical solutions (z/OS based and Linux on z) to address them.
- Engage with IBM Z clients to ensure that they embrace and exploit the full potential of their IBM Z investment.
- Assist clients in modernizing their core IT assets taking advantage of new IBM Z technical capabilities and features.
- Identify, develop, technically qualify and close new business opportunities - both within existing IBM Z clients and in potential new to IBM Z clients.
- Remove technical/sales inhibitors through whiteboard/chalk talks, presentations, demonstrations, customized demonstrations, test drives, PoC, technical competitive analysis, etc.
- Create presentations, demonstrations, PoT, PoC, RFP and other material and present them to clients and Business Partners.
- Participate and deal with critical situations.
- Successfully interact with other IBM departments for the best client outcome.
- Develop and cultivate long term client relationships.
- Leverage IBM as a global company to achieve local business objectives.
- Achieve System Z sales results in your market.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
IT Bachelors degree and 2 to 3 years IT experience working in a role that is supporting IT infrastructure.
Well organized, structured and able to articulate an IT solution to a technical and business audience.
Strong verbal and written communication skills.
Technical aptitude with ability to understand and succinctly communicate an IT technical solution.
Experience in a technical pre-sales role.
Track record of driving and achieving sales and business targets in previous roles.
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
Significant up-to-date hands-on experience with z/OS environment and its basic subsystems such as SMP/E, DFSMS, RACF etc.
Basic skills in z/OS middleware such as DB2, WAS, MQ, OMEGAMON family enough to design and drive a Proof of Concept at the customer site to prove solution value to the client.
Understanding of Enterprise IT modernization concepts, DevOps, Business Analytics, Hybrid Cloud and Integration in regards of IBM Z.
Basic skills in Linux for z-architecture, virtualization (z/VM, KVM, PR/SM) deployment and use.
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Back to top