IBM Security Services Manager
- Reedley, CA
At IBM, the Security Services Manager (SSM) serves as a technical point of contact between the client and IBM for day to day operational management and oversight of Managed Security Services activities and deliverables. This role will be part of a broader IBM Account management team supporting the client in its IT Security transformation journey. The SSM will work with the client to provide governance, oversight, and technical leadership for Managed Security Services (MSS) operational activities including, but not limited to, understanding the technical environment being managed, ensuring delivery of services as per contractual commitments, working with the broader account team on business reviews, coordinating change requests, SLA/Service Quality metrics, and processes as required. The SSM may act as a point of clarity during an emergency situation.
Your Role and Responsibilities
Location for this role: Markham or Ottawa.
The Security Services Manager (SSM) is a client-facing security specialist responsible for the day-to-day operational excellence, governance and oversight of IBM Managed Security Services (MSS). This role requires balanced skillsets in service delivery, cybersecurity technical expertise, and relationship management in order to win the Client's trust and ensure utmost satisfaction with our services.
- Ensure delivery of services as per contractual commitments within obligated Service Level Agreements (SLAs) and agreed upon processes with Client
- Perform periodic contract reviews and identify new client requirements and gaps in existing service delivery
- Conduct periodic MSS operational cadence review meetings with Client stakeholders
- Prepare and deliver weekly, monthly, and quarterly reports that illustrate IBM's value to the Client as per governance schedule
- Coordinate escalations, incidents, change requests and engage the appropriate delivery teams to get to resolution and / or root cause while effectively managing Client expectation
- Communicate with the Client any issues, requests, and status related to technologies under management
- Act as a trusted security advisor to the Client and proactively communicate security news, including newly discovered threats and vulnerabilities, industry updates, and events or applicable security webcasts
- Have an in-depth understanding of Client's environment including all IBM and third party technologies and tools deployed
- Have expertise or working knowledge in one or more of the following Cybersecurity subject matter areas: Identity & Access Management (IAM), Security Operations, Data and Application Security, Risk Management & Security Compliance, Infrastructure, Network, and Endpoint Security
- Continuously learn and maintain up-to-date technical knowledge and skills to keep pace with trends in Cybersecurity industry through informal training or formal Information Security certifications (ie. CISSP, CISM, CompTIA Security+, CEH, etc.) to effectively converse with Client's Information Security team and management
- Exercise effective communication, conflict management, and people management skills to forge a strong partnership with Client and IBM stakeholders
- Set and manage Client expectations appropriately to prevent escalations and tensions
- Continually follow-up on all commitments made to the Client in a timely manner to ensure client satisfaction and further questions/concerns are addressed
- Act as a coach and mentor to the extended delivery team peers to optimize their productivity and build a united high-performance team that delivers high value to the Client
- Lead the security operations delivery team by example by instilling a sense of trust, integrity, and accountability with the Client and with each other
- SSM will oversee day to day operational management of one or more of the following technologies under steady state management such as (but not limited to): Managed SIEM, Managed Network Security, Managed FW, Email Security, WAF, Vulnerability Management Services, Managed Infrastructure & Endpoint Security etc.
- Up to 50% or 3 days a week to client site (home on weekends - based on project requirements)
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- English Fluent (verbal and written)
- Canadian Secret Clearance
- At least 3-5 years of experience in a technical environment, managing support for complex IT infrastructure inclusive of some of the tools / technologies such as Q Radar/ArcSight/Splunk, McAfee ePO / IDS/ IPS, BlueCoat, CISCO CES, CISCO ISE, CISCO ThreatGrid, Microsoft Windows Defender, Microsoft Azure File Integrity Monitor, McAfee Drive Encryption, McAfee Viruscan, CISCO Wi-Fi, CISCO Cognitive Threat Analysis, Vulnerabilities: QSA & PCI Certification with Trustwave, CyberArk
- At least 3 of experience providing managed support for SIEM such as Q Radar or Arcsight or similar technologies
- At least 3 years of experience performing client management roles in a technical capacity including reporting, relationship management etc
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Bi-Lingual French and English
- At least 5 + years of experience in a technical environment, managing support for complex IT infrastructure inclusive of some of the tools / technologies such as ArcSight/Q Radar, McAfee ePO / IDS/ IPS, BlueCoat, CISCO CES, CISCO ISE, CISCO ThreatGrid, Microsoft Windows Defender, Microsoft Azure File Integrity Monitor, McAfeeDrive Encryption, McAfee Viruscan, CISCO Wi-Fi, CISCO Cognitive Threat Analysis, Vulnerabilities: QSA & PCI Certification with Trustwave, CyberArk
- 5+ years of experience providing managed support for SIEM such as Q Radar or Arcsight or similar technologies
- 5+ years of experience performing client management roles in a technical capacity including reporting, relationship management etc
- Certifications - One ore more of the following: CISSP, CISM, CompTIA Security+, CEH, CCSP etc
About Business Unit
IBM is a leading provider of enterprise security solutions. Named by industry analysts as a leader in 12 security market segment categories, IBM Security is a multi-billion dollar business that is rapidly growing. In an industry focused on building walls, IBM Security is focused on creating an open, connected security ecosystem that leverages AI and cloud to help clients improve compliance, stop threats, and grow their business securely.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you're looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities - where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust - where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM's greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Back to top