IBM Security Product Professional Services Consultant - Europe
The role is a services consultant to implement IBM Security software solutions and to take responsibility for the quality and success of the Security services activities within CEE Central and Eastern Europe region, as member the Europe Security Product Professional Services team . It requires strong technical and industry vertical experience, as well as good practical ability to give clarity and consistency to the project implementation. Part of this role to be able to provide deep technology advice to the sales team, to assist in developing new business opportunities and to help enable IBM business partners, and other IBM Business Units with technology, industry and project insights.
This role also requires the effective articulation of IBM Security product positioning. To have the ability to bring experiences to bear in competitive situations, within the sales cycle, to help close the opportunity in a timely manner, and to demonstrate IBM Security competitive advantages to prospects. The role requires interactions with IBM development teams and technical organizations, and to assist field marketing at trade shows and seminars.
The ideal candidate must
- Be an effective and focused member of the European IBM Security professional team by being able to articulate the business value of IBM Security technology, by being able to demonstrate the solution set in a clear and unambiguous way, and by helping to close deals in a timely, accurate and quality driven way as required to meet sales goals.
- Present or demonstrate the various IBM Security solution sets in line with the expectations of a prospects, customer, direct sales team or partner sales team.
- To help the sales team to build strategies that identify potential opportunities, clarifies the message and helps build pipeline for the sales team, as well as to take the opportunity to help identify up sell or cross sell opportunities.
- Able to provide technical responses to RFP/RFI and being a services resource for the IBM Security sales force and to assist in giving guidance on technology matters.
- Develop industry domain knowledge and expertise of the market places IBM Security is active in.
- Take active leadership/ownership in the resolution of customer issues, to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Be capable of installing and configuring the various security products, especially is Data protection using Guardium technology as needed during complex implementation projects.
- Provide useful feedback to IBM Security Product group around product enhancement.
- Write up and communicate to the IBM Security community useful and informative information.
- Actively support problem resolution by effective communication with the Lab developers.
- Capable to proactively learn new IBM Security solutions and its components.
- Be able to work independently, lead other IBM or Business partner team members to assure successful project closings.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- English: Fluent
- Native speaker of one CEE Language
- At least 4 years of experience in software technology, in software implementation and design projects, with proven track record on working on large scale international projects.
- Knowledge of IBM Security technologies.
- Good understanding of security concepts, authentication and authorization methodologies.
- LDAP and Active Directory skills
- Windows, Linux, Unix, SQL skills
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
- Java (preferred J2EE / Eclipse) development skills preferred.
- German or French language knowledge is an advantage
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Meet Some of IBM's Employees
Leadership Development Solutions Leader
Peter works with a variety of teams within IBM to increase organizational clarity, equip leaders to serve well, and provide opportunities for employees to continually grow and expand their skills.
Back to top