IBM Security - Product Marketing Manager - Data Security
IBM Security is one of the fasting growing and strategic businesses in IBM, and Security is one of the hottest markets in the tech industry today. Our portfolio is recognized as leading products and services across 15 analyst evaluations, and we have a global scope and team that loves what we do and is constantly collaborating and transforming. We are looking for experienced, high performing, collaborative talent to join our Product Marketing team. As a Portfolio Marketing Professional, you will apply deep portfolio, buyer, segment, and routes-to-market expertise to architect end-to-end marketing and messaging strategy and execution.
- Positioning - Identify and develop product positioning that uniquely differentiates IBM Security as the leading provider of data security and unified endpoint management solutions.
- Sales and marketing tools - Create collateral, whitepapers, presentations, videos, and blog posts, to communicate the value proposition of our products.
- Product launch - Plan the market launch of new products and releases and manage the cross-functional implementation of the plan.
- Communications - Work with sales and marketing teams to broadcast our message to the market, across the organization, and our partner community.
- Market intelligence - Be the expert on our buyers, how they buy and their buying criteria; be the expert on our competition and how to beat them.
- Demand generation - Support the strategy and programs that create interest across all market segments.
- Industry leadership - Represent the company at industry events, conferences, trade shows, webinars, on social media, and as a spokesperson for analyst and press coverage.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- 5+ years of Security or applicable industry experience
- 5+ years of product marketing, product management, tech sales or applicable experience
- Ability to communicate effectively and articulate/align technical features to customer needs
- Demonstrated knowledge of sales, marketing and development processes
- Demonstrated leadership, sales support, project management and training skills
- Analytical and presentation skills including demonstration skills to handle many assignments simultaneously
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
- Demonstrated people and management skills to interact with staff, colleagues and cross-functional teams, and third parties.
- Demonstrated communication and writing skills.
- Expert in forwarding thinking, market research, and should possess problem-solving skills.
- Able to develop effective relationships and operate with senior level management.
- Bachelor's in business or marketing, or equivalent industry experience.
- Highly desired experience in enterprise security and/or software solutions.
- Ability to listen to intended details attentively.
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Back to top