IBM Security - Industry Product Marketing Manager
Join the largest startup, and proven global leader, in the Security industry to protect our planet from emerging cyber threats. Tell the world how you, Watson and IBM Security fight to defend businesses, institutions and governments across 130 countries. Make a difference in everyday lives by safeguarding our most valuable information from corporate intellectual property to your family photos. Be a part of IBM's rich history of innovation and research to deliver solutions built on the foundation of over 3,500 security patents. Are you ready to put on your cape and help us fight the bad guys?
As an Industry Product Marketing Manager, you will be responsible for the external messaging & positioning of our full suite of products & services across key industries. You are an all-around marketing expert with a solid understanding of how technology is being leveraged to address the cybersecurity needs in financial services, healthcare or government verticals. You will create inbound and outbound marketing activities to support the portfolio and create sales enablement tools to engage our sales teams. The Industry Product Marketing Manager will develop strategic marketing plans for IBM Security through market research, competitive analysis, customer engagement, and business planning. You have experience with external analysts, industry associations, standards bodies, and are ready to develop new relationships as needed.
In your role as Industry Product Marketing Manager you will be the expert in buyer personas - how they buy and their buying criteria - and will transfer that knowledge to the sales channel. You will also bring an industry lens to everything we do to ensure our messages address the specific business problems our key industries face. Attention to detail and an eye for quality, along with the ability to grasp and translate technical capabilities into benefits is crucial.
A Day in the Life Essentials:
- Positioning - Identify and develop positioning that uniquely differentiates IBM Security as the leading provider of next generation cyber security solutions.
- Sales and marketing tools - Create industry specific collateral, whitepapers, presentations, videos, and blog posts, to communicate the value proposition of our products & services.
- Communications - Work with sales and marketing teams to broadcast our message to the market, across the organization, and our partner community.
- Market intelligence - Be the expert on our buyers, how they buy and their buying criteria; be the expert on our competition and how to succeed.
- Demand generation - Support the strategy and programs that create interest for IBM Security across key industry verticals.
- Industry leadership - Represent the company at industry events, conferences, tradeshows, webinars, on social media, and as a spokesperson for analyst and press coverage.
***NOTE: Position will be located in a traditional IBM office located in either Cambridge, MA, Austin TX or Atlanta, GA
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- 5+ years Industry marketing experience
- Bachelor's Degree
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
- Security product marketing experience a plus
- Master's Degree
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Meet Some of IBM's Employees
Leadership Development Solutions Leader
Peter works with a variety of teams within IBM to increase organizational clarity, equip leaders to serve well, and provide opportunities for employees to continually grow and expand their skills.
Back to top