IBM Security Cloud Developer
Software Developers at IBM are the backbone of our strategic initiatives to design, code, test, and provide industry-leading solutions that make the world run today - planes and trains take off on time, bank transactions complete in the blink of an eye and the world remains safe because of the work our software developers do. Whether you are working on projects internally or for a client, software development is critical to the success of IBM and our clients worldwide. At IBM, you will use the latest software development tools, techniques and approaches and work with leading minds in the industry to build solutions you can be proud of.
Your Role and Responsibilities
As a security cloud platform developer, you will be expected to demonstrate solid conceptual and technical skills as you develop, implement, and eventually help to run core infrastructure components to back IBM Security's cloud portfolio of products.
• You will work with product owners to implement new components, and new features in existing components
• You will help your team find and resolve technical debt using agile development practices
• You will help your team support and run your services in production in a DevOps oriented fashion
• You will work with other products and teams in the IBM Security division to help them utilize and develop against the platform components you build
This role will involve working with technology that is covered by embargo Export Regulations. If you are a Foreign National from any of the following embargoed countries (Cuba, Iran, North Korea, Sudan, Syria) on a work permit you are not eligible for employment in this position.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- English Fluent (verbal and written)
- Experience in agile software development methodologies
- 3+ years of professional experience developing in Java.
- Experience with Linux systems and shell scripting
- Experience developing in a service-oriented Cloud environment and Docker containers
- Experience with DevOps, CI/CD, and build promotion
- Experience developing microservices platforms based on RESTful APIs
- Willingness to take ownership of your code - you build it, you run it.
- Ability to work with other geographically dispersed teams
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Have experience on a scalable and distributed system
- Have experience on the application development on cloud like IBM Cloud. AWS, GCE and Azure
- Have experience on message queue system like Kafka, ActiveMQ and RabbitMQ
- Have experience on orchestration platform like Kubernetes
About Business Unit
IBM is a leading provider of enterprise security solutions. Named by industry analysts as a leader in 12 security market segment categories, IBM Security is a multi-billion dollar business that is rapidly growing. In an industry focused on building walls, IBM Security is focused on creating an open, connected security ecosystem that leverages AI and cloud to help clients improve compliance, stop threats, and grow their business securely.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you're looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities - where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust - where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM's greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
This role will involve working with technology that is covered by Export Regulations sanctions. If you are a Foreign National from any of the following US sanctioned countries (Cuba, Iran, North Korea, Sudan, and Syria) on a work permit, you are not eligible for employment in this position.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Back to top