IBM Procurement Services Category Manager - Jeddah
On IPS procurement engagements, r esponsible for development of regional, or country sourcing category strategies to ensure individual IPS contract deliverables are met or exceeded. Some of the tasks include:
- develop and manage individual or multiple category sourcing plans for specific IPS contracts;
- interface with the client on the category specific strategic sourcing objectives;
- responsible for the execution of contract requirements related to the assigned category;
- active reporting to project and procurement leadership team on status, issues, and corrective actions
- Lead education and advise clients and suppliers on strategies
- Perform periodic spend analysis within managed commodity scope to identify opportunities and tactical initiative
- Promote process efficiencies through focus on automated channels where applicable
- Optimizing supply base opportunities across managed commodities
- Gathering information for benchmarks
- Assist with analyzing existing contracts
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Category knowledge . Current working knowledge of category strategies in targeted indirect or direct categories.
- Negotiations . Development of negotiation strategies (local and international) and successful closure of documented plans.
- Supplier Relationships . Experience in working with multiple suppliers in development of win/win sourcing strategies.
- Leadership . Council or sub-council leadership or sourcing management experience
- Network . Ability to operate in a matrix organization and interact with a variety of IBM procurement professionals (council members, consultants, GPS team members) across geographies
- Tools. Knowledge of procurement tools and systems as well as procurement techniques (i.e. reverse auctions)
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
- Project and Risk Management. Must have the ability to develop concurrent detailed project plans and execute against these plans.
- Business Process . Knowledge of procurement processes needed by SPM to manage internal IBM and client expectations.
- Reliability . Proven track record on prior projects. Must be able to execute in a complex and rapidly changing environment.
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Meet Some of IBM's Employees
Leadership Development Solutions Leader
Peter works with a variety of teams within IBM to increase organizational clarity, equip leaders to serve well, and provide opportunities for employees to continually grow and expand their skills.
Back to top