IBM Power Digital Technical Representative
- Dublin, Ireland
IBM Digital Sales is a specialised digital sales organisation with a purpose-built infrastructure consisting of Global Digital Sales Centres based in Atlanta GA, Chicago IL, Dallas TX, Littleton MA and Dublin Ireland. Our Digital Sales teams engage with clients of all sizes and markets to grow their businesses by solving strategic and tactical business problems with IBM's proven cognitive and cloud technology solutions.
Globally our sales teams have a competitive advantage to sell some of the world's most innovative IT solutions across IBM Systems, Storage, Cloud & Infrastructure. We also have many fortunate opportunities to interact with clients in a wide array of fields & benefit from some of the best training in the world to help grow careers and gain exposure to international clients.
Your Role and Responsibilities
IDC predicts that a global data avalanche is barrelling towards any industry and market, with a 10-fold data volume increase by 2025. IBM POWER server can help companies prepare for this added complexity. IBM Power Systems features, and benefits help reduce complexity, so that companies aren't buried underneath all the data coming their way.
We are now seeking a digitally focused Technical Representtive to join our IBM Power team based in our European Digital Sales Centre in Dublin Ireland.
The Digital Technical Representative will support Digital Sellers by bringing their technical expertise & acting as the subject matter expert on the IBM Power portfolio. They will provide technical insights on solutions, resolving technical inquiries, supporting the team to identify opportunities to increas revenue.
It is expected the Technical representative will also develop a speciality within the IBM Power brand alongside the general portfolio knowledge.
Key responsibilities of this role are:
- Provide enablement on the IBM Power Systems portfolio and related products
- High-level solution designing that will be proposed both in transactional sales and RFP replies
- Commitment on continuous focus on skill development by keeping up to date knowledge both on IBM portfolio "news" and the competitive arena
- Provide active support during campaigns and initiatives that requires in depth technical details both via phone call and online conferencing
To achieve these objectives, you will provide the following services to assigned customers :
- Own resolution of technical inhibitors to client adoption of IBM Systems Hardware solutions
- Understand client goals and act as an advisor for achieving them
- Design and ensure high level solution based on CREQ
- Provide feedback on offerings to relevant IBM teams
- Harvest and reuse architectural patterns & assets for prescriptive guidance
- Provide training and skill transfer to team members.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- 5+ years' experience in a technical pre-sale's role
- Technical Aptitude to understand the IBM System Hardware portfolio, Prior experience in Competitive or X86 preferred
- BA or equivalent preferably in Business, Communications, or Technical field A passion for customer service and relationship building
- Desire to thrive in a fast-paced, constantly changing, results-driven work environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Customer and team-focused; delivery-oriented; high energy; and values honesty and integrity.
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Passion for technology and the ability to understand the B2B tech market
- Prior experience in Competitive or X86 preferred
- Focused on and motivated by bringing value to the company and your own personal growth
- Constantly willing to learn, dedicated and resilient
- Digital savvy representative that can become the new IBM Power Brand Ambassador
About Business Unit
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you're looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities - where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust - where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM's greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Back to top