IBM Internship - Technical Support with German
At IBM, work is more than a job - it's a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you've never thought possible. To lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world's most challenging problems.
Your Role and Responsibilities
IBM is opening for an intern position. We are looking for Interns that can join our teams and participate in the execution of our service management projects. In this role, your contributions and new perspectives will be valuable in providing a high-quality user experience to our customers.
- Analyzing customer developed programs, batch files, job control scripts, file deliveries, and database content by using custom tools and 3rd party tools
- Application-specific scripts on dedicated server platforms
- SLA checkpoints (e.g. server response times, downtimes, process availability, etc.)
- Interfaces (e.g. log files, scripts, file transfers etc.)
- Databases (e.g. central DB processes, error writing processes, tablespaces, load and performance characteristics, etc.)
- Definition and Performing daily health checks (e.g. daily data imports, file transfers and provisioning on dedicated servers, etc.)
- Provide support in all deployment and administration related activities;
- Responsible for incident, problem, change, release, configuration management, technical support;
- Perform application deployment related testing (installation, removal, and reinstallation) and adjust the installation scripts, procedures and guidelines;
- Create/update product documentation;
- IT background (e.g.: Computer Science, Automation, Cybernetics graduate)
- Basic database understanding (how it works, query interpretation, query writing)
- Basic ability to interpret/analyze code and application logs in order to troubleshoot errors
- Problem solver, customer-oriented
- Technical support projects during the studies or entry-level jobs/internships
- Ability to analyze, synthesize and make decisions under SLAs
- Strong communication skills
- Teamwork skills
- Negotiation skills, diplomatic
- English: Fluent
- German: fluent
- The work you undertake during your internship is really valued and you'll be given worthwhile, exciting things to do on real projects. This means you can grow your knowledge and develop yourself.
- Through this program, you can build on your existing IT knowledge and skills but you'll also learn a wealth of new skills - not to mention that you'll find yourself working with leading-edge technologies and alongside some of the best people in the industry.
- After 3 months of internship, all suitable candidates will be offered the option of a full-time position in IBM
- Interaction with IBM professionals to gain industry insight and exposure to international projects
- Supportive work environment
- Ongoing learning and development opportunities
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
• Technical University studies: preferred are Information Systems, Computer Science or equivalent
• Java, C#, OOP concepts, SQL, Linux, Windows- knowledge
• English language skills: Fluent
• Good interpersonal skills and ability to work in teams
• Strong analytic and problem-solving skills.
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
• Minimal experience in software development ( Java, C# ), database (SQL/Oracle)/infrastructure (Windows, Linux, Solaris)/technical support projects during the studies or entry-level jobs
About Business Unit
IBM Services is a team of business, strategy and technology consultants that design, build, and run foundational systems and services that is the backbone of the world's economy. IBM Services partners with the world's leading companies in over 170 countries to build smarter businesses by reimagining and reinventing through technology, with its outcome-focused methodologies, industry-leading portfolio and world class research and operations expertise leading to results-driven innovation and enduring excellence.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you're looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world. What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities - where you can truly discover your passion. Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration, and trust - where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you
never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM's greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy, and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason, and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Back to top