IBM Internship - Support Center Representative (System Operator)
The System Operator is responsible to operate and monitor the billing system and various enterprise systems and applications, in order to ensure the functioning according to agreed performance standards.
- Efficiently operate and monitor the systems to meet the SLA's and KPI targets.
- Execute and monitor daily production jobs based on operational procedures
- Escalate where necessary all exceptions to normal processing, exceptions which are not covered by operational procedures
- Execute the instructions received from Application, OS and DB administrators.
- Ensure all operational checklists and handover documents are completed and filed. A detailed handover report of events should be maintained during shifts so that an informed handover can be performed with the oncoming shift.
Working Schedule: Shifts
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Experience operate mission-critical IT systems
- Unix knowledge at entry level, experience in using MS Windows and Office products
- Problem solving skills
- Team player
- Proactive attitude
Experience and Education Required:
- Bachelor Degree from an accredited college or university with a concentration in computer science or software engineering - (or equivalent diploma/work experience)
- 0-1 years of relevant work experience
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
• Volunteering Activity
• 2nd foreign Language is a plus.
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Back to top