IBM Internship - Oracle Middleware
- Bucharest, Romania
As an Application Developer, you will lead IBM into the future by translating system requirements into the design and development of customized systems in an agile environment. The success of IBM is in your hands as you transform vital business needs into code and drive innovation. Your work will power IBM and its clients globally, collaborating and integrating code into enterprise systems. You will have access to the latest education, tools and technology, and a limitless career path with the world's technology leader. Come to IBM and make a global impact!
Your Role and Responsibilities
We are looking for a Junior Technical Specialist to work along with the IBM team and to deliver quality technical support and perform installation, administration, and maintenance of Oracle Fusion Middleware products for a European client in the government industry.
- Provide middleware technical support in a timely manner (including SLA);
- Perform requests for service, root cause analysis and problem resolution;
- Plan and implement operational changes (including outside business hours);
- Installation, administration and maintenance of Oracle Fusion Middleware products, with a focus on Oracle WebLogic Server, Oracle SOA Suite, Oracle OSB, Oracle API Gateway, and Oracle Enterprise Manager;
- Certificate management (creation, installation and administration of digital certificates);
- Work in close cooperation with the infrastructure and application management teams;
- Follow operational plans and participate in achieving the project's milestones;
- Actively document official and internal working procedures.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Technical University degree or student in final year
- basic knowledge about Oracle Fusion Middleware products with a focus on WebLogic Server
- Unix/Linux administration skills (preferably with bash shell scripting) are considered a plus
- Team player, good communicator, analytical thinking, problem solving orientation, capable to work under pressure
- troubleshooting and analytical skills in a customer facing environment;
- Ability to work as a team-player and as well on own initiative;
- Ability to work under pressure in escalated situations;
- Ability to take ownership of escalated problems;
- Self-motivated and resourceful;
- The candidate will be part of an on-call operations team - involving on call activity once per month (including evenings, weekends and bank holidays).
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- previous experience on a similar role
- proven knowledge about Oracle Middleware
About Business Unit
IBM Services is a team of business, strategy and technology consultants that design, build, and run foundational systems and services that is the backbone of the world's economy. IBM Services partners with the world's leading companies in over 170 countries to build smarter businesses by reimagining and reinventing through technology, with its outcome-focused methodologies, industry-leading portfolio and world class research and operations expertise leading to results-driven innovation and enduring excellence.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you're looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities - where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust - where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM's greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Back to top