IBM Internship: Data Scientist Intern
At IBM, work is more than a job - it's a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you've never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world's most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.
Your Role and Responsibilities
About the Internship:
- You will be involved in data science and cognitive projects, with a focus on developing AI-based models and cognitive chatbot application that delivers impact for improving IBM business operations.
- You will focus on converting business problems into cognitive solutions that integrates statistical models, Artificial Intelligence and cloud technologies.
- You will be working alongside a data science team in an agile, fast-moving and collaborative environment involving data scientists, web developers/engineers, database managers, and operation experts of different expertise and backgrounds.
- Apply artificial intelligence/ deep learning/ neural networks techniques to solve real-word problems
- Apply text mining technique to give prescriptive analysis
- Integrate IBM internal API into the solution
- Bachelor or Master student in Computer Science, Engineering, statistics or similar
- Hand-on experience with API and building data pipeline
- Strong Knowledge on deep learning, text mining
- Development experience in one or more of data science and ML languages, eg. Python
- A great team player who excels working with diverse group of colleagues and poses excellent social and communication skills.
Internship Period: Minimum 3 months (preferably 6 months).
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
Please refer to the job description.
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
Please refer to the job description.
About Business Unit
The IBM Finance organization is responsible for driving enterprise performance and transformation. We are the financial stewards of IBM, delivering IBM's financial strategy, developing new business models, and mitigating enterprise risk. Do you have a passion for creating business value? Join our team in accounting, financial planning, pricing, business controls, tax, treasury, business development (acquisitions & divestitures), and global financing.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you're looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities - where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust - where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM's greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Back to top