IBM Internship - Application Developer Cobol
We are looking for an Intern Application Developer that can support our project team in managing escalated issues through system configurations, troubleshooting and software installations. In this role, your contributions and leadership will be vital to providing a high quality user experience to our customers.
- Investigate problems with software applications, diagnose root causes, and work on fixing them
- Identify known errors and problem trends and find permanent solutions
- Receive and log requests for support from help desk, other service delivery staff and/or users
- Investigate problems and other requests for support and determine appropriate actions to take
- Prioritize requests in accordance with agreed criteria
- Monitor progress of requests for support and ensure users and other interested parties are kept informed
- Provide correct responses to requests for support by means of for example: making modifications to system parameters, developing work-arounds or enhancements, reconfiguring systems, changing operating procedures, training users or operations staff, producing additional documentation
- Training regarding IBM as a corporation and IBM Romania - departments & activities;
Soft skills training for certain abilities - communication, team work, planning& organizing, presentation skills
- Common session regarding hardware, software and services and workshops depending on the professional interest of the interns
- Project tasks in frame of a development project on which interns will need to work together and share information and knowledge with the team members.
Depending on the demonstrated level of performance, after 3 months of internship all the suitable candidates will be offered the option of a full time position in IBM.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
The Junior Support Center Representative role calls for a positive and proactive approach, a clear mind and the ability to work to very high standards and challenging timescales. You should also have a passion for the business and pay great attention to detail.
In addition, the following will be essential:
Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or other related discipline
English language skills: Fluent
SQL: Basic - Intermediate level
Java : Basic - Intermediate level
Attention to detail
Excellent verbal and written expression
* Strong time management skills.
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
• Volunteering Activity
• 2nd foreign Language is a plus.
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Meet Some of IBM's Employees
Leadership Development Solutions Leader
Peter works with a variety of teams within IBM to increase organizational clarity, equip leaders to serve well, and provide opportunities for employees to continually grow and expand their skills.
Back to top