IBM Graduate Program - Watson Health Life Science Consultant
Interested in joining our Watson Health Consulting team?
Consulting by Degrees is IBM's leading two-year development program for top-performing and talented graduates. It will give you the opportunity to start your consulting career by combining client project work across different industries and service areas with focused training, project rotation, and mentoring. Designed by experienced specialists, the program will accelerate your career.
Want to push boundaries? Spark ideas? Surround yourself with insightful people and far-reaching resources? Join us in the Watson Health Consulting group and we'll encourage you to explore things no one has thought of before and deliver work that will capture your client's imagination.
We're looking to develop a new generation of talented and ambitious consultants working at the intersection of cognitive computing and Life Sciences. Cognitive solutions are transforming many areas of the Healthcare, Pharmaceutical and Life Sciences value chains. At Watson Health Consulting, we provide consulting services and bleeding-edge solutions that catalyze this transformation for our clients. Be part of that journey at our client engagements and contribute to taking healthcare to the next level.
As an entry-level Life Sciences consultant, you will be exposed to different aspects of Life Science and Healthcare clients' businesses, including business and patient value assessment, real world patient data analytics, IoT solutions (e.g. wearables), medical language processing, optimizing drug discovery, application of machine learning and implementation of innovative digital solutions. The work will be project-based and typically your assignments will last 2-9 months. After that, you'll move to another assignment to gain exposure to different business environments.
We are looking for candidates who meet the following criteria:
- At least a bachelor's degree with work experience or master's degree, with graduation or experience in bioinformatics, medical informatics, clinical research informatics, sciences (e.g. Biology, Chemistry), or related field coupled with business management. A PhD is beneficial.
- Outstanding analytical skills, including the ability to apply logic reasoning to solve problems
- Passion for Life Sciences, Healthcare, and helping people live healthy lives
- Experience in R, Python , SQL, machine learning, natural language processing, or related technologies
- Work with structured and unstructured data and manipulate high-volume and high-dimensionality data from varying sources
- Demonstrated history of achievement and leadership in academics, internships, and work
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and time management skills
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment
- Fluency in English and German
How to apply:
Your application documents should include an informative CV as well as your bachelor's / master's certificate (if you do not have this yet, please provide an overview of your current grades). Please also add a cover letter that explains your motivation for applying for this position.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Meet Some of IBM's Employees
Leadership Development Solutions Leader
Peter works with a variety of teams within IBM to increase organizational clarity, equip leaders to serve well, and provide opportunities for employees to continually grow and expand their skills.
Back to top