IBM Graduate Program – DevOps Consultant (fixed term)
Software Developers at IBM are the backbone of our strategic initiatives to design, code, test, and provide industry-leading solutions that make the world run today - planes and trains take off on time, bank transactions complete in the blink of an eye and the world remains safe because of the work our software developers do. Whether you are working on projects internally or for a client, software development is critical to the success of IBM and our clients worldwide. At IBM, you will use the latest software development tools, techniques and approaches and work with leading minds in the industry to build solutions you can be proud of.
Your Role and Responsibilities
Despite its 100+ years of tradition in innovation and cutting-edge technology design, IBM today is a very different company. Driven by the belief that the phenomenon of data would reorder technology and business, we set out on one of the most ambitious reinventions in IBM's modern history. Today, IBM is a Cognitive solutions and Cloud platform company - with capabilities that address our enterprise clients' most pressing needs. IBM is a leader in delivering enterprise flexibility with strong support for open standards and hybrid cloud environments. We help our customers tranform their organization, optimize their processes and modernize their architecture using principles of DevOps.
We are looking for a motivated, talented and highly adaptive Graduate (graduated in 2017, 2018 or about to graduate in 2019) to join IBM Early Professional Program for the next 2 years and fill the role of DevOps consultant, working with team of IBM experts and wide community of potential adopters of IBM technologies, including startups, established Business Partners, Customers and IBM ecosystem.
Main duties of this Graduate role will include:
- Networking with individual companies and organizations (Hubs) with the purpose of promoting IBM services and identifying possible prospects where IBM can be a good match as a service provider. This would include, but not be limited to: participating and presenting in workshops, meetups and startup/innovator conferences, following relevant technology events (open source etc), engaging directly representatives of the companies and organizations, communicating relevant news and content via Social network channels etc.
- Participating in development of business case, architectural design and (occasionally) specific artefacts (Project plans, Roadmaps, Offers, etc) with supervisor or selected Partners, to demonstrate and prove value of IBM services.
- Acting as a central communication point between these prospects and various experts within IBM, facilitating communication to provide timely help and information when required.
- Ability to showcase and demo prominent IBM technologies to specified contacts and Partners using existing IBM resources or specifically developed artefacts.
Required Professional and Technical Expertise
- Upper-Intermediate English
- Good presentation and communication skills.
- Basic understanding of enterprise IT processes.
- Basic understanding of waterfall and agile project management methodologies.
- Some experience developing simple Web or Mobile applications.
- Understanding of the DevOps principles.
- Willingness to learn and the ability to learn fast.
- Can do attitude.
- Great team worker, open to work in IBM's multi-cultural and multi-generation environment, and able to understand and adopt business rules present in Corporate environment.
Preferred Professional and Technical Expertise
- Good technical background, allowing quick understanding and adoption of DevOps tools and methods (IBM, mainstream Open Source, 3rd party)
- Knowledge of common DevOps practices and tools, understanding of modern technology concepts and platforms such as Microservices, Kubernetes, Continuous Testing, Infrastructure as Code etc.
- Deeper experience and practice in agile methodologies.
- Any QA, PM, Agile related certificates.
About Business Unit
At Global Technology Services (GTS), we help our clients envision the future by offering end-to-end IT and technology support services, supported by an unmatched global delivery network. It's a unique blend of bold new ideas and client-first thinking. If you can restlessly reinvent yourself and solve problems in new ways, work on both technology and business projects, and ask, "What else is possible?" GTS is the place for you!
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you're looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities - where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust - where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM's greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Back to top