IBM Graduate Program – Cloud Technology Consultant (fixed term)
At IBM, work is more than a job - it's a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you've never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world's most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.
Your Role and Responsibilities
Despite its 100+ years of tradition in innovation and cutting-edge technology design, IBM today is a very different company. Driven by the belief that the phenomenon of data would reorder technology and business, we set out on one of the most ambitious reinventions in IBM's modern history. Today, IBM is a Cognitive solutions and Cloud platform company - with capabilities that address our enterprise clients' most pressing needs. IBM is a leader in delivering enterprise flexibility with strong support for open standards and hybrid cloud environments. We help our customers modernize their applications leveraging microservices and container-based cloud computing with enterprise-grade management and scale by introducing DevOps with Containers and Kubernetes on a flexible IBM Cloud platform.
We are looking for a motivated, talented and highly adaptive Graduate (graduated in 2017, 2018 or about to graduate in 2019) to join IBM Early Professional Program for the next 2 years and fill the role of Cloud Technology consultant, working with team of IBM experts and wide community of potential adopters of IBM technologies, including startups, established Business Partners, Customers and IBM ecosystem.
Main duties of this Graduate role will include:
- Networking with individual companies and organizations (Hubs) with the purpose of promoting IBM Cloud platform and identifying possible prospects where IBM can be a good match as a technology Partner. This would include, but not be limited to: participating and presenting in meetups and startup/innovator conferences, following relevant technology events (open source etc), engaging directly representatives of the companies and organizations, communicating relevant news and content via Social network channels etc.
- Participating in development of business case, architectural design and (occasionally) specific artefacts (MVPs, PoCs, Pilots etc) with selected Partners, to demonstrate and prove value of using IBM Cloud platform for specific use cases
- Acting as a central communication point between these prospects and various experts within IBM, facilitating communication to provide timely help and information when required.
- Ability to showcase and demo prominent IBM technologies to specified contacts and Partners using existing IBM Cloud resources or specifically developed artefacts.
Required Professional and Technical Expertise
- English: Fluent
- Good technical background, allowing quick understanding and adoption of Cloud-native technologies (mainstream Open Source, 3 rd party Cloud platforms, ideally with some experience with IBM Cloud)
- Experience developing simple Web or Mobile applications, ideally using (any) Cloud as the platform, knowledge of common DevOps practices and tools, understanding of modern technology concepts and platforms such as Microservices, Kubernetes, Docker, Cloud Foundry etc.
- Participation and/or organization of successful Meetups, Hackathons etc.
- Great team worker, open to work in IBM's multi-cultural and multi-generation environment, and able to understand and adopt to communication practices and business rules present in Corporate environment.
Preferred Professional and Technical Expertise
About Business Unit
IBM has a global presence, operating in more than 175 countries with a broad-based geographic distribution of revenue. The company's Global Markets organization is a strategic sales business unit that manages IBM's global footprint, working closely with dedicated country-based operating units to serve clients locally. These country teams have client relationship managers who lead integrated teams of consultants, solution specialists and delivery professionals to enable clients' growth and innovation. By complementing local expertise with global experience and digital capabilities, IBM builds deep and broad-based client relationships. This local management focus fosters speed in supporting clients, addressing new markets and making investments in emerging opportunities. Additionally, the Global Markets organization serves clients with expertise in their industry as well as through the products and services that IBM and partners supply. IBM is also expanding its reach to new and existing clients through digital marketplaces.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you're looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities - where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust - where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM's greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Back to top