IBM Cloud Garage Senior Developer
The IBM Cloud Garage is a new and innovative approach to developing and delivering software. We use our lean- and agile-influenced Garage Method to drive customer success on the IBM Cloud platform at an accelerated pace. We work in unique environments that are typically located within startup communities - open workspaces with modern Mac pairing stations, unconventional design, and lots of techie & networking events.
We bring clients into the Garage to collaboratively develop applications using IBM's Design Thinking approach. This user-centered approach naturally flows into a collection of agile practices for developing the apps and scaling them in production.
We are assembling an 'A' team of developers, architects, designers and project managers to work together in multi-disciplinary teams. Pairing is at the core of the way we are doing development and the way we are aiding clients to drive successful outcomes. Garage developers will do pair programming, test driven development, continuous integration and deployment using modern tools. We love co-creation, fast build pipelines, making great software, solving customer problems, and learning new things. Our technical career path means even our senior developers code, and share their knowledge by pairing.
We need a Senior Developer who will:
Provide leadership and mentoring to a dynamic and diverse development team
Provide guidance on the application of the method on client projects
Practice Pair Programming and Test Driven Development (TDD)
Provide effort and technical scoping for customer proposals
Collaborate closely with the client product owner and coach them on the Garage Method
Help shape the development discipline for the WW Cloud Garage team
The primary teams that you will work with are Garage Developers, Designers, Architects & Project Managers, Customer Product Owners, Subject Matter Experts and Garage Practice Leaders.
The IBM Cloud Garage is looking for talent that has a passion to innovate and is willing to take on challenges that are outside of their comfort zone.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- At least 5 years experience practicing Agile development methodologies
- At least 4 years experience with Java and/or Node.js
- Experience with front-end development
- Experience developing cloud-native applications that have gone to production, with site reliability engineering and CI/CD DevOps automation
- Experience fostering high performing teams
- Strong communication skills
- Demonstrated track record of delivering successful projects
- Demonstrated mentoring and coaching skills
- English language skill level: Fluent
- Danish language skill level: Fluent
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
- At least 5 years experience in client facing consultancy role(s)
- Hands-on experience with pair programming and Test Driven Development (TDD)
- Knowledge of multiple agile variants
- Experience with at least one of the following: Python, Go, IBM Functions, Ruby, .NET or Swift
- Backend experience with Spring Boot and frontend frameworks experience such as Angular
- Experience refactoring legacy middleware applications into cloud-native microservices
- At least 2 years experience developing in a PaaS environment such as IBM Cloud or Cloud Foundry
- Experience with Docker
- Experience with Kubernetes
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Back to top