IBM Cloud Data Services: Infrastructure Software Developer
- Dublin, Ireland
Empowered. Innovative. Inspiring. Creative. Intense. These are all words we use to describe life at IBM. The IBM Cloud - Fabric 2.0 team is challenged with solving complex problems that will advance our business to the next level. We build the most innovative systems in the industry using the latest technology to deliver creative solutions for our customers.
This team is responsible for building runtimes and services to host the cloud management components. This team is also responsible for operating the service 24 x 7 and maintaining the security of all our systems, such as authentication, permissions and handling of sensitive data.
If you are a talented developer who seeks responsibility, thrives when empowered, and understands the importance of personal accountability, then we would like to talk to you.
Your Role and Responsibilities
Software Developers at IBM are the backbone of our strategic initiatives to design, code, test, and provide industry-leading solutions that make the world run today - planes and trains take off on time, bank transactions complete in the blink of an eye and the world remains safe because of the work our software developers do. Whether you are working on projects internally or for a client, software development is critical to the success of IBM and our clients worldwide. At IBM, you will use the latest software development tools, techniques and approaches and work with leading minds in the industry to build solutions you can be proud of.
IBM Cloud Database Services offers database-as-a-service hosted on IBM Cloud. The ICD product suite includes a variety of open source relational and non-relational databases and is designed to enable customers flexibility to utilise the database most appropriate for their specific use case, without the hassle and complexity of managing database operations. ICD customers get peace of mind with standard, production-grade high availability, auto-failover, backups, autoscaling, encryption, and more.
A successful applicant will become part of a global team dedicated to providing exceptional development and Infrastructure support for the live Managed Services offered within the IBM Cloud service. Candidates for this team will specifically be responsible for maintaining the quality and availability of an individual Public Region utilised by one of IBM's biggest customers. This will include maintenance of the service infrastructure alongside creative Infrastructure development project contributions.
- Design and develop secure, scalable and reliable Infrastructure Automation framework, tooling, pipeline, monitoring framework and integrations to enable and support ICD
- Maintain, monitor and expand the large and fast-growing ICD Kubernetes clusters and nodes on IBM Cloud
- Identify and remediate any and all security vulnerabilities and issues
- Collaborate closely with Compliance team and ensure the ICD infrastructure is compliant with various Compliance requirements for SOC2, HIPAA, PCI, GDPR, etc.
- Support DevOps teams in making use of core infrastructure
- Continually improve systems and processes with regard to automation and monitoring
- Participate in 24 x 7 on-call rotation shared within the team
- Problem solving ability
- Work well with a distributed technical team
- Proven written and verbal communication skills
- Desire to take on responsibility and be accountable
- Ability to quickly learn new technologies and languages - understand and be skilled in Software component development, Container based deployments and best practice in Security, Compliance, High Availability and Resilience
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
- Experience working with large scale Cloud infrastructure
- Knowledge of Kubernetes, Linux systems, Git, Docker
- Continuous Integration / Continuous Delivery services such as Jenkins, Concourse
- Monitoring and logging tooling such as Grafana, Prometheus
- English: Fluent
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Experience with various Security and Compliance accreditations
- Understanding of IP networking concepts, VLAN, Load Balancing etc.
- Experience in any of: MongoDB, PostgreSQL, Redis, RabbitMQ, Elasticsearch, Etcd, MySQL
About Business Unit
Digitisation is accelerating the ongoing evolution of business and clouds - public, private, and hybrid - enabling companies to extend their existing infrastructure and integrate across systems. IBM Cloud provides the security, control, and visibility that our clients have come to expect. We are working to provide the right tools and environment to combine all of our client's data, no matter where it resides, to respond to changing market dynamics.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you're looking for your next career challenge? Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities - where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust - where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible. Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM's greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Back to top