IBM Associate Application Developer (trainee) - IBM CIC
IBM is a global cognitive and cloud company changing the way the world works. We foster a culture of creative, innovative thinkers; people who are curious about how technology can transform businesses and impact the world.
Our consultants are part of IBM Services where we engage with clients across every industry to deliver technology-driven solutions. We cultivate a diverse, inclusive, global team of people who want to pioneer, reimagine and disrupt the future.
Here's where you come in. We're looking for passionate, original thinkers who want to drive progress, grow their network and further their careers. If you see yourself as someone who never stops learning, who believes no problem is too big to solve, and who wants to unleash your potential,
IBM Services is for you.
As an Associate, you'll be a part of client-facing teams as a consultant, developer, designer, data scientist, technical specialist or project manager to help businesses change the way they work.
Our clients' technical and business needs are constantly evolving. We're hiring inspired, talented individuals eager to apply their knowledge and perspective to challenging work that evolves industries and our world.
We prioritize ongoing learning, development of technical skills, and continuous personal growth, all grounded in a culture of coaching and apprenticeship.
Your Role and Responsibilities
Job role description: Associate Application Developer
We're looking for a real-world problem solver with the technical savvy to make the impossible, possible. As an Associate Application Developer, you'll help design, develop, and integrate solutions using future-looking technologies, techniques, and products our clients demand today. You'll work with clients, finding solutions to major challenges by translating system requirements into the design and development of customized systems in an agile environment.
Work you could do as an Associate Application Developer:
• Define, detail and scope the technical requirements into solution architecture and drive an independent project from an architectural stand point.
• Design, develop and/or re-engineer application components, and integrate software packages, programs, and reusable objects residing on multiple platforms.
• Support Technical Consultants and lead in building solutions and providing technical mentoring and guidance
This is a job of IBM Client Innovation Center Sweden AB.
#IBMAssociates and AssocEL20
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
• Strong interpersonal skills, written and verbal communication skills in Swedish and English
• Systems design/development and information technology course work
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- build and continuous integration tools like Maven, Jenkins, Gradle
- database development on platform like PostgreSQL, MySQL, Oracle
- Java/JEE best practices around design patterns, performance tuning, automated tests and unit tests
- twelve-factor cloud design principles
- web services, API and multiple Java application frameworks highly desired
- deploying applications with container technology like Docker and container orchestration technology like Kubernetes or RedHat OpenShift is highly desired
- writing RESTful APIs using Microservices architecture and Spring Boot framework
- translate business requirements into technical solutions
- thrive in an ever-changing, technology-based consulting environment, using agile development techniques
About Business Unit
IBM Services is a team of business, strategy and technology consultants that design, build, and run foundational systems and services that is the backbone of the world's economy. IBM Services partners with the world's leading companies in over 170 countries to build smarter businesses by reimagining and reinventing through technology, with its outcome-focused methodologies, industry-leading portfolio and world class research and operations expertise leading to results-driven innovation and enduring excellence.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you're looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities - where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust - where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM's greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Back to top