Hybrid Data Management - Client Technical Professional
At IBM, work is more than a job - it's a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you've never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world's most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.
Your Role and Responsibilities
Client Technical Specialists are technical presales consultants to clients, IBM sales teams and/or IBM Business Partners. They understand the client's business requirements, technical requirements and/or competitive landscape. They provide technical sales support which may include: collaborating with IBM sales teams to define, design, and detail the technical aspects and feasibility of proposed solutions; delivering Proof of Concept; developing and delivering technical education; supporting critical situations; designing solutions; and answering technical questions. When engaged for a specific opportunity or project, they are responsible for the technical accuracy of the proposed solution. I n this role, you will be a solutions consultant - analyzing customer situations and requirements and developing high quality Hybrid Data Management (HDM) solutions , which are tailored to the client's business and technical needs in a way that is valued by the customer and superior to the competition. It is essential that you are able to apply in-depth understanding of best practices, key concepts, products, offerings and services within the HDM specialty and utilize knowledge and experience about technology, industry and business. You will be expected to propose, demonstrate and support sales of enterprise-level solutions consisting of software, methodology, and services to C-level executives in major corporations in your country.
* Providing all necessary support to sales team to assure meeting quarterly and annual sales revenue quotas
* Consulting customers on their HDM strategies and initiatives
* Discovering customer requirements
* Presenting and demonstrating technical solutions
* Proposing competitive differentiators
* Handling objections and response to RFP/RFI
* Delivering Proof of Concepts with installation of software and building of sample application solutions
* Managing post-sales relationships
* Working with IT Architects, sellers, business partners, and units of IBM as needed to create an effective solution for the client
* Providing technical sales leadership to key accounts to promote IBM HDM software usage and development of new opportunities
* Collaborating with business partners to develop their skills and solutions
* Other responsibilities include coordination of activities with internal and external service partners, presentations on marketing and enablement events, leading local
* UGI community, writing technical papers, brochures and articles, etc
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Skills in one or more of the databases such as IBM Db2 (with Professional Certification), Oracle and SAP HANA
- Skills in IBM data warehouse offerings and appliances including IBM Db2 Warehouse, Netezza, and IBM Sailfish
- Strong Knowledge of Open Source Databases such as MongoDb, Cassadra, PostGreSQL.
- Knowledge of Open Source Technology like Hadoop, Kubernetes, Docker
- Redhat certified on OpenShift, Linux would be added advantage
- Proficient in Unix/Linux and related Unix/Linux commands, Unix/Linux Shell Scripting is a MUST.
- Proficient in one or more of the programming languages : Python (Must), Scala, R, Java and C/C++
- Understanding the competitive landscape of the above area.
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
About Business Unit
Digitization is accelerating the ongoing evolution of business, and clouds - public, private, and hybrid - enable companies to extend their existing infrastructure and integrate across systems. IBM Cloud provides the security, control, and visibility that our clients have come to expect. We are working to provide the right tools and environment to combine all of our client's data, no matter where it resides, to respond to changing market dynamics.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you're looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities - where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust - where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM's greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Back to top