Hybrid Cloud Integration Senior Sales Leader/Expert
At IBM, work is more than a job - it's a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you've never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world's most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.
Your Role and Responsibilities
With the exciting announcement of the Red Hat acquisition, IBM is accelerating in the world of Cloud Solutions. Working with our clients to establish even greater cloud solutions within the Open, hybrid multi cloud world.
This brings an exciting opportunity for a highly skilled professional with a technical background in cloud integrated solutions and a balanced skill set in sales. The successful applicant will be required to provide a deeper technical approach and understanding, becoming a trusted solution advisor to key clients. This role is vital in supporting our customers and IBM's strategic directional change. Successful applicants will excel combining their unique sales understanding with a strong technical foundation.
The role is result oriented, with revenue targets but also with measured objectives on customer outcome and personal skills demonstration and growth.
Fundamentals of the Role will include being able to:
* Promote, explain, demonstrate and sell, with BM's new Cloud point of View, a hybrid multi cloud platform powered by Red Hat OpenShift Container platform and IBM Cloud Paks
* Being able to relay IBM strategy (Cloud Paks) to several levels within our client's organisations: CTO, other CxOs, LoB, IT Management, Development, Security.
* Build strategic relationships with the technical executives and key technical leaders to position our hybrid cloud and integration solutions delivered through the Cloud Paks
* Help our clients to accelerate their journey to cloud by expressing and demonstrating our value for application, process, integration and IT modernization.
Promote and sell IBM's Hybrid Cloud Integration Cloud Pak value in a highly competitive market through whiteboard sessions, workshops as well as being a speaker or host in conferences / meetups
* Engage with both IBM and Red Hat team to establish customer success scenarios
* Actively demonstrate (through pre-defined scenarios) our solutions and business value to our clients
* Provide strategic direction to clients on our modernization (Application, business, integration and IT) story
* Be the trusted advisor for key technical executives and technical leaders to assure long-term partnership
* Participate in feedback meetings for our sales and WW offering management
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
• Minimum of 5 years IT Sales experience
• Self-starter, learns new technologies quickly, strong analytical skills.
• Ability to work with customers, build relationships, show the value IBM can bring using technical arguments, diplomacy and by applying market and user case expertise. Stay engaged and supportive though to the completion of the sales process and focus on client success.
• Strong strategy and vision skills on cloud transformation and AI.
• Knowledge of data management and advanced analytics is required.
• Strong understanding of Kubernetes and OpenShift, micro-services architecture benefits and open source technologies
• Excellent communications skills essential-written and oral
• Strong presentation skills required
• Ability to run discovery meetings with clients to identify use cases, business problems and prioritize initiatives
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
Minimum of 7 years of work experience with customers in sales
• Data science, machine learning and open source analytics technology ecosystem understanding
• Team leadership and people management skills and experience, leading in matrix organization
• Sales quota carrying or technical sales background
• Experience leading sales cycles for data science, machine learning, database, data warehouse, big data, integration and governance, BI, MDM, data privacy, or other analytics technologies.
About Business Unit
IBM has a global presence, operating in more than 175 countries with a broad-based geographic distribution of revenue. The company's Global Markets organization is a strategic sales business unit that manages IBM's global footprint, working closely with dedicated country-based operating units to serve clients locally. These country teams have client relationship managers who lead integrated teams of consultants, solution specialists and delivery professionals to enable clients' growth and innovation. By complementing local expertise with global experience and digital capabilities, IBM builds deep and broad-based client relationships. This local management focus fosters speed in supporting clients, addressing new markets and making investments in emerging opportunities. Additionally, the Global Markets organization serves clients with expertise in their industry as well as through the products and services that IBM and partners supply. IBM is also expanding its reach to new and existing clients through digital marketplaces.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you're looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities - where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust - where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM's greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Back to top