HR Strategy Consultant
IBM Global Business Services (GBS) is a team of business, strategy and technology consultants enabling enterprises to make smarter decisions and providing unparalleled client and consumer experiences in cognitive, data analytics, cloud technology and mobile app development. With global reach, outcome-focused methodologies and deep industry expertise, IBM GBS empowers clients to digitally reinvent their business and get the competitive edge in the cognitive era in over 170 countries.
Bottom line? We outthink ordinary. Discover what you can do at IBM.
Critical workforce and technology trends are driving significant changes in workforce management including increased use of mobile, social and cloud technologies to deliver on the talent mobility and greater level of engagement that employees demand. IBM is at the center of these Human Capital (HC) Transformations worldwide across the public and private sectors designing and implementing innovative 21st Century solutions that drive efficient, effective and insightful workforce management. IBM's global leadership in creating Cognitive HR Computing and Talent Analytics Solutions are being implemented in corporations and government agencies around the globe today. If you are ready for the challenge and excitement this growth area offers, we want to talk to you! As a Senior HR Transformation Consultant, you'll team with some of the best minds across government and industry to create innovative high quality HC solutions. You'll be able to apply both public and private sector experiences to create insights for your clients to improve their data-driven decision making for investments, process improvements and day-to-day operations.
The Senior HR Transformation Consultant is responsible for:
- Providing HC Subject Matter Expert (SME) insights to develop innovative, thought leading HC Transformation solutions.
- Developing HC process improvements to increase the efficiency and effectiveness of client's workforce analysis services.
- Engaging with Executive stakeholders and customers to gather requirements and establish strategic road maps and milestones to implement improvements.
- Helping the Transformation implementation achieve key milestones.
Health Insurance. Paid time off. Corporate Holidays. Sick leave. Family planning. Financial Guidance. Competitive 401K. Training and Learning. We continue to expand our benefits and programs, offering some of the best support, guidance and coverage for a diverse employee population.
Our goal is to be essential to the world, which starts with our people. Company wide we kicked off an internal talent strategy program called Go Organic. At our core, we are committed to believing and investing in our workforce through:
- Skill development: helping our employees grow their foundational skills
- Finding the dream job at IBM: navigating our company with the potential for many careers by channeling an employee's strengths and career aspirations
- Diversity of people: Diversity of thought driving collective innovation
In 2015, Go Organic filled approximately 50% of our open positions with internal talent that were promoted into the role.
With an employee population of 375,000 in over 170 countries, amazingly we connect, collaborate, and care. IBMers drive a corporate culture of shared responsibility. We love grand challenges and everyday improvements for our company and for the world. We care about each other, our clients, and the communities we live, work, and play in!
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- 8+ years working with federal process improvement initiatives across multiple federal agencies.
- 8+ years of experience engaging with client stakeholders and customers to determine appropriate process improvements.
- 5+ years of experience developing business cases and multi-year strategic improvement road maps.
- 5+ years of experience formulating hypotheses/business cases and make recommendations for improvement.
- Ability to Pass a NACI background check
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
- Current NACI background check
- PHR - Professional in Human Resources Certification
- SPHR - Senior Professional in HR Certification
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Meet Some of IBM's Employees
Leadership Development Solutions Leader
Peter works with a variety of teams within IBM to increase organizational clarity, equip leaders to serve well, and provide opportunities for employees to continually grow and expand their skills.
Back to top