HR Service Administrator
The prime responsibility of the HR Service Administrator is ensuring of the accurate and timely payment of employee salaries. However, the expectation is that the incumbent will also really embrace the desire to review and change business processes to make payroll services more efficient and effective.
The role therefore comprises:
- Ensuring employee master data is correct
- Ensuring all payments and deductions are correct and in line with company policy and country legislation
- Owning specific work processes, being the payroll expert in these, and continually assessing to ensure maximum efficiency, and re-engineering if necessary
- Participate in a wide variety of projects that impact payroll
- Continually strive to deliver excellence in Customer Service
- Maintain accurate controls.
Each administrator will have responsibility for a specific group of employees/processes, but all administrators are expected to be skilled in all aspects of their payroll - enabling them to be able to cover any role within the team.
Role and Responsibilities - During Steady State Payroll Delivery
- Establishing & maintaining payroll records: New hires / leavers / transfers
- Validation of all payments and deductions: Ensure knowledge IBM's/client's policies and external taxation regulations - ensuring all payments are duly authorised, correct, and technically compliant. Includes: Statutory Contributions / Allowances / Retirement Funds
- Correct net payments at all times: Validate net pay using controls, simulations and exception reports. Target 100% correct data input.
- Internal Controls: Have good working knowledge of all Internal Control requirements and ensure that all areas of payroll within own area of responsibility have acceptable levels of control.
- Payroll system knowledge: Acquire technical mastery on the used payroll systems, with the ability to identify and offer solutions for basic issues / problems, and to run ad-hoc reports as and when required. Be sufficiently knowledgeable to test and validate legal change and any other business process changes.
- Workflow Administration: Manage payroll workflows to ensure that all incoming and completed work items are sorted and filed appropriately and in line with audit requirements.
- Responsibility of being expert in multiple payroll processes, owning and updating documentation, communicating changes and providing training to other payroll team members, continually looking to improve work processes to ensure the processes are working effectively at all times.
- Query handling: provide excellent Customer Service through call handling, meetings and emails
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- English: Fluent
- Attention to detail, and accuracy in every aspect of the role, is essential.
- Flexibility to adapt to diverse tasks and changing direction depending on the fluctuating volumes of work.
- Solutions - ability to deal with complex issues, identify solutions and implement.
- Capacity - must be able to tackle large volumes of work and maintain concentration on individual tasks in order increase productivity by building rhythm
- Customer service skills are paramount, with a desire to continually seek improvement of the service given to all (internal and external) customers
- Team Player - work to pro-actively build team spirit within the country team (across processes)
- Due to the sensitivity of the data, the administrator must maintain complete confidentiality and exercise integrity and discretion at all times.
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
- Experience in using Payroll, HR, or Finance administration tools/systems
- Finance, accounting or HR educational background and or experience.
- International service center experience would be a plus
- Innovative, continuously seeking to improve work processes
- Understanding of ongoing legislative changes which affect payroll
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Meet Some of IBM's Employees
Leadership Development Solutions Leader
Peter works with a variety of teams within IBM to increase organizational clarity, equip leaders to serve well, and provide opportunities for employees to continually grow and expand their skills.
Back to top