HCM Tester, Functional (Test Specialist)
IBM Global Business Services (GBS) helps our clients fundamentally redesign experiences to create new sources of value, digitally reinvent their operations for great efficiency and transform their entire enterprises through cognitive. We invite you to consider joining IBM's global reach, outcome-focused methodologies, domain skills and deep industry expertise that are helping transform the way we live and work.
IBM's state-of-the-art Client Innovation Centre (CIC) opened in Nova Scotia in March 2013 and is the first of its kind in Canada. The Centre weaves together IBM's business insights and industry-leading software portfolio and is ideally suited for any client that needs flexible access to emerging or niche skills that may not be cost effective to grow internally. In addition, our focus on our team is unparalleled as demonstrated by the following:
- The CIC NS is one of IBM's highest performing delivery centres worldwide - for retention, client satisfaction and utilization. Our employees are empowered to stay and grow within IBM.
- More than 100 of our employees received promotion in 2015 alone. Structured career development programs are helping us grow our future leaders from within.
- We are very focused on continuous skill development - staff training is our third largest annual Centre investment. Employees are immersed in a culture of learning and constant growth.
- Investment in key partnership with universities, government and private sector groups which has resulted in IBM having a key influencing role in Nova Scotia's ICT industry, especially in talent development.
As a Test Specialist you will use your expertise in the planning, design, management, execution and reporting of tests - using appropriate testing tools and techniques - to ensure that IBM systems (new and amended) conform to exacting standards. Why? So they'll perform as specified, with any interface, to meet clients' business goals. You will deliver on that promise with exceptional testing strategies, test plans, test cases, test reports and quality metrics. You will be Client facing.
In this position, you will test applications and systems implemented using the PeopleSoft ERP Package. You will develop the test scenarios and test cases and execute test cases to verify that the system is built as per the requirements (usually focuses on functional testing of the applications).
This role may involve working with technology that is covered by embargo Export Regulations. If you are a Foreign National from any of the following embargoed countries (Cuba, Iran, North Korea, Sudan, Syria) on a work permit you are not eligible for employment in this position.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Eligibility to obtain Enhanced Reliability Security Clearance;
- Functional testing experience in test scenario design, and test case preparation/execution;
- Experience performing manual testing of COTS and custom application software;
- Experience in test/defect management tools such as RQM and RTC;
- Strong communications and client facing skills.
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
- Currently hold Enhanced Reliability Security Clearance;
- At least 5 years experience using Software Packages in the ERP software Package space having Industry domain focus in Oracle, PeopleSoft;
- At least 5 years experience in test scenarios and test cases, executes test cases to verify that the system is built/configured as per the requirements.
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Back to top