HCM Specialists (Payroll, Core HR, Base Benefits, Time&Labour, GL)
As an Application Package Specialist, you'll help clients in the selection, implementation, and production support of application packaged solutions. You'll gain in-depth consulting skills, business knowledge, and packaged solution expertise to effectively integrate packaged technology into the clients' business environment. Join us and start your path as a key player to achieve client expected business results and become the expert you want to be.
Your Role and Responsibilities
IBM Global Business Services (GBS) helps our clients fundamentally redesign experiences to create new sources of value, digitally reinvent their operations for great efficiency and transform their entire enterprises through cognitive. We invite you to consider joining IBM's global reach, outcome-focused methodologies, domain skills and deep industry expertise that are helping transform the way we live and work.
IBM's state-of-the-art Client Innovation Centre (CIC) opened in Nova Scotia in March 2013 and is the first of its kind in Canada. The Centre weaves together IBM's business insights and industry-leading software portfolio and is ideally suited for any client that needs flexible access to emerging or niche skills that may not be cost effective to grow internally. In addition, our focus on our team is unparalleled as demonstrated by the following:
- The CIC NS is one of IBM's highest performing delivery centres worldwide - for retention, client satisfaction and utilization. Our employees are empowered to stay and grow within IBM.
- We are very focused on continuous skill development - staff training is our third largest annual Centre investment. Employees are immersed in a culture of learning and constant growth.
- Investment in key partnership with universities, government and private sector groups which has resulted in IBM having a key influencing role in Nova Scotia's ICT industry, especially in talent development.
As an ideal candidate you have proven analytical and problem-solving skills, creative ability in developing and implementing quality solution deliverables, exposure to a proven methodology and the ability to multi-task in a fast paced and dynamic workplace. As well as being self-motivated and able to work fully independently, you are also able to work as a member of a global delivery team, cooperating and collaborating with other team members to produce optimum solutions. You possess exceptional communication and interpersonal abilities, with a keen desire for continuous learning.
- Analyzing, interpreting and translating requirements into a viable solution,
- Providing business support and advising on analysis and design to development team,
- Developing test cases, performing unit/system testing and on larger initiatives coordinating user acceptance testing,
- Clarifying functional requirements, and resolving implementation issues,
- Some evening/weekend support will be required,
- MUST be eligible for Federal Government security clearance.
- Position located in Bedford, NS
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Three to five (3-5) years of implementation and/or support experience in a ERP HCM environment;
- Three to five (3-5) years of ERP functional experience in one or more of the following modules: Payroll, Core HR, Base Benefits, Time & Labour;
- Analytical/troubleshooting skills including understanding of ERP processes, table structures and ability to develop adhoc queries;
- Perform application configuration (analysis and implement changes);
- Plan and execute testing of releases/fixes;
- Leverage understanding of HR/Pay business processes,
- Eligibility to obtain Enhanced Reliability Security Clearance.
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- PeopleSoft experience;
- Currently hold Enhanced Reliability Security Clearance
About Business Unit
IBM Services is a team of business, strategy and technology consultants that design, build, and run foundational systems and services that is the backbone of the world's economy. IBM Services partners with the world's leading companies in over 170 countries to build smarter businesses by reimagining and reinventing through technology, with its outcome-focused methodologies, industry-leading portfolio and world class research and operations expertise leading to results-driven innovation and enduring excellence.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you're looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities - where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust - where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM's greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
This role will involve working with technology that is covered by Export Regulations sanctions. If you are a Foreign National from any of the following US sanctioned countries (Cuba, Iran, North Korea, Sudan, and Syria) on a work permit, you are not eligible for employment in this position.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Back to top