HCM Specialist, Security
IBM Global Business Services (GBS) helps our clients fundamentally redesign experiences to create new sources of value, digitally reinvent their operations for great efficiency and transform their entire enterprises through cognitive. We invite you to consider joining IBM's global reach, outcome-focused methodologies, domain skills and deep industry expertise that are helping transform the way we live and work.
IBM's state-of-the-art Client Innovation Centre (CIC) opened in Nova Scotia in March 2013 and is the first of its kind in Canada. The Centre weaves together IBM's business insights and industry-leading software portfolio and is ideally suited for any client that needs flexible access to emerging or niche skills that may not be cost effective to grow internally. In addition, our focus on our team is unparalleled as demonstrated by the following:
- The CIC NS is one of IBM's highest performing delivery centres worldwide - for retention, client satisfaction and utilization. Our employees are empowered to stay and grow within IBM.
- More than 100 of our employees received promotion in 2015 alone. Structured career development programs are helping us grow our future leaders from within.
- We are very focused on continuous skill development - staff training is our third largest annual Centre investment. Employees are immersed in a culture of learning and constant growth.
- Investment in key partnership with universities, government and private sector groups which has resulted in IBM having a key influencing role in Nova Scotia's ICT industry, especially in talent development.
Our Application Maintenance Support (AMS) team is looking for an HCM Specialist, Security.
As an ideal candidate you have proven analytical and problem-solving skills, creative ability in developing and implementing quality solution deliverables, exposure to a proven methodology and the ability to multi-task in a fast paced and dynamic workplace. As well as being self-motivated and able to work fully independently, you are also able to work as a member of a global delivery team, cooperating and collaborating with other team members to produce optimum solutions. You possess exceptional communication and interpersonal abilities, with a keen desire for continuous learning.
This specialty recognizes the subject matter expert for guidance related to audits and other controls reviews. The owner maintains audit readiness through a combination of technical on-demand knowledge, awareness, preparation, and education, and supports account teams during audits and leads peer reviews as a specialization. Investigates and cascades lessons learned and root causes identified and acts as liaison with process owners and accountable line management to develop and implement future improvement.
- Assisting in the development and documentation of PeopleSoft HCM functional security requirements;
- Performing PeopleSoft HCM functional security tasks, such as configuring security for new functionality/modules and resolving application security incidents;
- Administering user access to the HCM application based on defined role-based security privileges;
- Reviewing row level security architecture and recommend improvements that will lead to process efficiencies;
- Participate in and provide required input for security audit reviews .
Note: Bilingualism (English/French) is an asset.
Internal Referral Code: PS2018
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Three to five (3-5) years of implementation and/or support experience in a ERP HCM environment;
- Analytical/troubleshooting skills including understanding of ERP processes, table structures and ability to develop adhoc queries;
- Leverage understanding of HR/Pay business processes,
- Eligibility to obtain Enhanced Reliability Security Clearance.
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
- PeopleSoft experience;
- Currently hold Enhanced Reliability Security Clearance
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Meet Some of IBM's Employees
Leadership Development Solutions Leader
Peter works with a variety of teams within IBM to increase organizational clarity, equip leaders to serve well, and provide opportunities for employees to continually grow and expand their skills.
Back to top