HCM Specialist, Payroll - Ottawa
As an Application Package Specialist, you'll help clients in the selection, implementation, and production support of application packaged solutions. You'll gain in-depth consulting skills, business knowledge, and packaged solution expertise to effectively integrate packaged technology into the clients' business environment. Join us and start your path as a key player to achieve client expected business results and become the expert you want to be.
Your Role and Responsibilities
Our Application Maintenance Support (AMS) team is looking for candidates who have ERP functional experience in Payroll .
As an ideal candidate you have proven analytical and problem-solving skills, creative ability in developing and implementing quality solution deliverables, exposure to a proven methodology and the ability to multi-task in a fast paced and dynamic workplace. As well as being self-motivated and able to work fully independently, you are also able to work as a member of a global delivery team, cooperating and collaborating with other team members to produce optimum solutions. You possess exceptional communication and interpersonal abilities, with a keen desire for continuous learning.
- Analyzing, interpreting and translating requirements into a viable solution,
- Providing business support and advising on analysis and design to development team,
- Developing test cases, performing unit/system testing and on larger initiatives coordinating user acceptance testing,
- Clarifying functional requirements, and resolving implementation issues,
- Some evening/weekend support will be required,
- MUST hold Federal Government security clearance.
Required Professional and Technical Expertise
- Three to five (3-5) years of implementation and/or support experience in an ERP HCM environment;
- Three to five (3-5) years of ERP technical development experience in following modules: Payroll, Base Benefits;
- Analytical/troubleshooting skills including understanding of ERP processes, table structures and ability to develop adhoc queries;
- Good understanding of PeopleSoft tools such as peopletools, SQR, PS Query, Application Engine, Component Interface, SQL
- MUST hold Enhanced Reliability Security Clearance.
Preferred Professional and Technical Expertise
- PeopleSoft experience.
About Business Unit
IBM Services is a team of business, strategy and technology consultants that design, build, and run foundational systems and services that is the backbone of the world's economy. IBM Services partners with the world's leading companies in over 170 countries to build smarter business by reimagining and reinventing through technology, with its outcome-focused methodologies, industry-leading portfolio and world class research and operations expertise leading to results-driven innovation and enduring excellence.
Your Life @ IBM
With access to resources that only a global leader can provide, you will learn valuable skills, gain access to a vast and diverse network of talented professionals, and enjoy unparalleled career, training, and educational opportunities. Join us and you'll be part of a team that encourages constant learning and provides the projects and training that will help develop your expertise. You'll be challenged and supported in an environment that embraces individual differences and rewards your best work. You'll find everything you need to start building the career you want at one of the most successful companies in history. But it's up to you how you get there - you'll be the one in charge, putting forward your ideas, taking on responsibilities and making choices about how to get the job done.
IBM Global Business Services: Join a Leader. Consult with us.
IBM Global Business Services has more than 60,000 professionals in over 50 countries worldwide. With a strong focus on results, we enable clients to leverage technology and information to improve performance and create sustainable competitive advantages. We help top-tier clients solve their most complex business and technical needs. We are a global leader in providing clients with application development and support capabilities.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Back to top