Hardware Inventory Technician - Shift Lead
The Inventory team at IBM Cloud (SoftLayer) is challenged with maintaining the hardware and servers inventory stock and the ordering of new hardware as well as receiving new server shipments. The team also assists with the audits of all inventory items.
We are looking for individuals with experience in all facets of Inventory services. As a member of the IBM Cloud (SoftLayer) team, the candidate will have the opportunity to directly impact the continued success of the company. We strive to make IBM Cloud (SoftLayer) a place where you want to be - a place where you're proud to work and where you are motivated to produce the best results possible.
- Computer hardware component identification
- Enter hardware tracking information into the data base
- Verifying proper shipment and tracking new inbound shipments
- Leading the shift's team of Inventory Technicians
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Knowledge and experience with of computer hardware components
- Knowledge of Microsoft Excel
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
- At least one year of inventory experience in a data center environment
- At least one year of experience with Excel
- Troubleshooting servers and workstations and various hardware components
- Necessary repairs/fixes after troubleshooting
- Experience leading or supervising a team
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Meet Some of IBM's Employees
Leadership Development Solutions Leader
Peter works with a variety of teams within IBM to increase organizational clarity, equip leaders to serve well, and provide opportunities for employees to continually grow and expand their skills.
Back to top