GTS IS Business Development Executive Cloud (m/f/x)
At IBM, work is more than a job - it's a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you've never thought possible. To lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world's most challenging problems.
Your Role and Responsibilities
Over the past 100 years, IBMers all over the globe have helped make the world work better and smarter. In this new era of Cognitive Business, IBM is helping to reshape industries by bringing together our expertise in Cloud, Analytics, Security, Mobile, and the Internet of Things: Changing how we create, collaborate, analyze and engage. From transforming healthcare to improving the retail shopping experience - it's what IBMers do. As we tackle the world's biggest challenges, our company continues to grow, we're looking for talented professionals to join us in this new era.
Join us and be part of a diverse and global team of thinkers and doers - people who want to make an impact, cultivate their expertise and collaborate with some of the world's top business and technology professionals.
IBM Global Technology Services in DACH is looking for a skilled Business Developer with focus on the "Journey to Cloud" to be part of our GTS Infrastructure Services Team.
The Business Development Executive is responsible for identifying, developing and closing integrated Infrastructure Services solutions that address their client's business needs (both industry and business). To identify opportunities, you are working closely with your IBM ecosystem to leverage its power (Global Markets, Project Executives, Global Business Services, Cloud, Partners...) and also proactively engage clients by yourself. You are leading conversations with C-Level contacts of existing and new clients to identify starting points for a new topics or to expand existing scope.
You develop and qualify your identified deals, you are taking leadership of the IBM engagement team as well as of the conversations with the customer. You use the IBM network and resources to assure a proper coverage of all customer Stakeholders. To prepare proposals and contracts, you are working in a highly international environment over an extended period of time. Together with the team, you develop an IBM value proposition which is tailored to the customers' needs and designed to meet the customers budget.
Area of responsibility:
- Identify potential clients in the target market and complete appropriate research on the prospective client's business and needs.
- Drive and manage campaigns to further widen our customer base and pitch our services.
- Develop relationships with prospective clients, while maintaining existing client relationships.
- Establish a rolling business pipeline.
- Shape client demands and opportunities to fit our capabilities and draft hybrid cloud solutions delivering superior client value and develop corresponding business cases with clients
- Partner with sales teams to create contract-winning proposals for current and prospective clients
- Become a subject matter expert on our Infrastructure and Hybrid Cloud Solutions and remain up-to-date on industry news.
- Demonstrated achievement in Services Business and developing new business.
- Strong business sense and industry expertise with the ability to become a subject matter expert on the job.
- Innovation and problem-solving skills that include the ability to develop and propose equipment-based solutions for clients.
Area of skillset:
- A firm, technical grasp of cross-industry Enterprise IT infrastructures and of the day-to-day concerns experienced by CxOs in running such environments together with an ability to position the unique value of a hybrid cloud services solutions to each potential client's business/infrastructure issues
- Aware of cloud brokerage services and building a degree of technical expertise in this area.
- Experienced with public and private cloud technologies (e.g. AWS, Azure, VMWare, ..) ideally with experience in selling cloud engagements/services
- Able to maintain in-depth knowledge of competition's offerings and strategies. Can effectively differentiates IBM offerings from high-reaching alternatives and creates customer preference for IBM.
- Anticipate complex problems relating infrastructure and cloud services offerings and customer engagements, and implements solutions.
- Understanding of Cloud and Infrastructure Solutions & Services, i.e. SoftLayer, Storage, zOS Cloud, PaaS solutions including SAP as a Service, cloud Matrix/Hybrid IT
- Understanding of IT as a Service, managed services for servers, mainframe, storage, leveraging analytics
- Experience in the emerging technologies including Kubernetes, Hadoop, Amazon, AWS, etc.
The Service Line Portfolio contains Offerings about Business Resiliency and Hybrid Cloud Services, Digital Workplace and Networking Services.
Required Professional and Technical Expertise
- Leadership and a Team player.
- Experienced C-suite IT services seller, appropriate and articulate taking care of clients at the most senior levels including Board level.
- At least 5 years working experience as BDE and/or in Sales for IT Services / Outsourcing / Managed Services / Cloud Services.
- Strong sales and negotiation skills with solid ability to establish relationships.
- Personal drive, tenacity and energy and results oriented.
- Suberb communication and presentation skills with the ability to produce and deliver powerful and persuasive presentations - comfortable in presenting to both small and large audiences.
- Highly organised, self-driven and able to work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to take care of and lead highly complex situations and environments.
- Innovative and creative in solving complex problem.
Preferred Professional and Technical Expertise
- 3 to 10 years of success in consultative selling within large and complex organizations.
- Developed and/or closed several IT outsourcing /managed services deals.
About Business Unit
At Global Technology Services (GTS), we help our clients envision the future by offering end-to-end IT and technology support services, supported by an unmatched global delivery network. It's this unique blend of bold new ideas and client-first thinking. If you can restlessly reinvent yourself and solve problems in new ways, work on both technology and business projects, and ask, "What else is possible?" GTS is the place for you!
Your Life @ IBM
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Back to top