GS1 Supply Chain Process Improvement Consultant
IBM Global Business Services (GBS) is a team of business, strategy and technology consultants enabling enterprises to make smarter decisions and providing unparalleled client and consumer experiences in cognitive, data analytics, cloud technology and mobile app development. With global reach, outcome-focused methodologies and deep industry expertise, IBM GBS empowers clients to digitally reinvent their business and get the competitive edge in the cognitive era in over 170 countries.
Bottom line? We outthink ordinary. Discover what you can do at IBM.
The Global Standards Process Improvement Consultant will support the Global Supply Chain team with analysis, evaluation, and assessment leading to development of recommendations for GS1 system and lean process improvements, optimization, development, and/or operations sustainment. This will include defining and implementing future-state, GS1-enabled processes while driving efficiencies and visibility through those operations. The GS1 Process Improvement Analyst will perform rigorous evaluation to identify value achieved through GS1 implementation including baseline, benchmark, and ongoing monitoring through the GSC implementation. The individual will collaborate with a range of partners and suppliers within the United States and abroad (i.e. Europe, South Africa, India, and UAE) to measure current state activities against future state improvements to quantify and define the value of GS1 implementation across the GHSC-PSM Global Supply Chain.
Health Insurance. Paid time off. Corporate Holidays. Sick leave. Family planning. Financial Guidance. Competitive 401K. Training and Learning. We continue to expand our benefits and programs, offering some of the best support, guidance and coverage for a diverse employee population.
Our goal is to be essential to the world, which starts with our people. Company wide we kicked off an internal talent strategy program called Go Organic. At our core, we are committed to believing and investing in our workforce through:
- Skill development: helping our employees grow their foundational skills
- Finding the dream job at IBM: navigating our company with the potential for many careers by channeling an employee's strengths and career aspirations
- Diversity of people: Diversity of thought driving collective innovation
In 2015, Go Organic filled approximately 50% of our open positions with internal talent that were promoted into the role.
With an employee population of 375,000 in over 170 countries, amazingly we connect, collaborate, and care. IBMers drive a corporate culture of shared responsibility. We love grand challenges and everyday improvements for our company and for the world. We care about each other, our clients, and the communities we live, work, and play in!
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- At least 1 year of experience in process improvement.
- At least 2 years of experience in supply chain management.
- Experience with global standards for asset traceability.
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
- Advanced degree in Operation/Supply Chain related concentration.
- Demonstrated end-to-end supply chain process expertise.
- Certified Lean Six Sigma Green or Black Belt.
- Knowledge of DMAIC process improvement methodology.
- Experience implementing the GS1 system of standards.
- Experience working within the pharmaceutical/medical equipment and procurement sector.
- Experience living and/or working in developing countries.
- Multi-lingual in French, Spanish, or Portuguese.
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Back to top