Graduate Software Engineer - SaaS Operations & Delivery
IBM Watson Customer Engagement (WCE) is hiring a Software Engineer graduate. Be an integral part of one of the most critical projects in the WCE organisation - "IBM Cloud Platform For Data" that makes data available and straightforward across the enterprise to help drive a data-driven culture. The primary responsibility will be to build and maintain a Data Science platform to enable different personas like Data Scientist, Data Curator, and Data Engineer to collaborate with each other on their Data Journey. Design and Implement new features in from backend through data pipeline to user interfaces, using the state of the art technologies, work closely with developers to bring in new features, and collaborate with the architect and the design team to meet project deadlines. The position will begin Summer 2018.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related discipline.
• Understanding of agile software development life cycle, continuous integration and continuous delivery
• Microservice development with NodeJS & Python
• Knowledge of Linux/Unix/Windows system skills
• Understanding of core concepts of DevOps
• Understanding of Cloud infrastructure
• Knowledge of data structures (JSON)
• Knowledge of NoSQL and Relational Database technologies
• Knowledge of front-end UX Development Dashboards (D3.js, plotly, Bokeh)
• Understanding of open source software (such as ElasticSearch)
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Back to top