Graduate Software Developer
Software Developer - IBM Dublin
IBM Ireland Lab is seeking developers to join their Dublin Software Lab at IBM's Technology Campus in Dublin. IBM Ireland Lab plays a key role in developing and supporting IBMs technology in Cloud, Analytics, Mobile, Social, Security and Cognitive computing.
As an IBM Software Developer, you'll use the latest tools and technologies available to deliver state-of-the-art software. You'll be responsible for ensuring that company software components are expertly designed, tested, debugged, verified, and ready for integration into IBM's best-of-breed solutions that help organizations improve their business outcomes in the global marketplace.
As part of a matrix organisation with a strong mentoring ethos you are encouraged to excel within a team that promotes risk taking and rewards success. Our focus is on delivery, not so much on when and where you work, so you'll experience a level of flexibility that many other companies just can't offer. We have opportunities for Software Developers who have both front and back end development skills/experience. If you have Bachelor Degree or better in the below disciplines, we want to hear from you.
- BSc, MSc or PhD
- Database knowledge/skills - Cloudant Cassandra etc of RDBMS preferred
- Experience in Java/Eclipse development environments
- Full software development life cycle understanding including design, development, test, build, documentation, packaging and support/maintenance.
- A deep understanding of Agile development principles and practices.
- Knowledge of developing in a cross-platform environment (Windows, Linux, Unix)
- Knowledge of SaaS Microservice development preferred.
- Excellent troubleshooting skills.
- Excellent negotiation skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with fluency in English.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
See Job Description
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
See Job Description
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Meet Some of IBM's Employees
Leadership Development Solutions Leader
Peter works with a variety of teams within IBM to increase organizational clarity, equip leaders to serve well, and provide opportunities for employees to continually grow and expand their skills.
Back to top