Government & Regulatory Affairs Executive
We live in a moment of remarkable change and opportunity. Data and technology are transforming industries, society, and even the workplace by creating professions that didn't exist before the emergence of big data, cloud, social, and mobile. As the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, we at IBM are dedicated to every client's success. Value innovation that matters - for our company and the world. We value trust and personal responsibility in all relationships. That is what it means to be an IBMer and this is just the place to develop your career.
The Government and Regulatory Affairs Executive (G&RA) is a member of the Government and Regulatory Affairs, North America Market Support Team. In that role, the G&RA Executive engages the US Federal Government including the United States Senate, United States House, and select United States Government agencies on federal business and related procurement policy priorities. This is a Washington based opportunity and the G&RA is a registered lobbyist.
There are six principle responsibilities:
- Develops and maintains relationships with Congressional officials to advocate for a range of IBM business matters, which include company procurement priorities, particularly with respect to current and future government contracts.
- Communicates with Congressional funding and authorizing Committees on programs of record important to IBM Federal market engagements and company strategic imperatives which currently include AI, cognitive, cloud, and blockchain.
- Specifically on strategic imperatives, the G&RA executive positions IBM's innovation and thought leadership on Capitol Hill, including legislation, hearings, special events and communications channels.
- Interacts with US Federal agencies on policies and practices of importance to the public sector businesses
- Internally, the G&RA executive teams closely with IBM business organizations that service the public sector market, as well as Corporate organizations including legal and communications.
- Leader with associations, coalitions, and other stakeholders to effectively deepen key relationships and drive business priorities.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Minimum 6 years of Washington based experience with government, which could include Capitol Hill legislative experience, US agency leadership experience, or corporate lobbying.
- Demonstrated record of results and achievement
- Superior knowledge of Congressional legislative process.
- Exceptional teaming and communications skills
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
- Congressional appropriations experience and/or procurement policy
- Experience with Information Technology industry; understanding/familiarity with technology trends; or IT modernization in the public sector.
- Successful experience working in a fast paced, matrixed environment.
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Meet Some of IBM's Employees
Leadership Development Solutions Leader
Peter works with a variety of teams within IBM to increase organizational clarity, equip leaders to serve well, and provide opportunities for employees to continually grow and expand their skills.
Back to top