Google Cloud Platform (GCP) Alliance Channel Sales Manager
- San Francisco, CA
As a Business Sales & Delivery Executive, you will support IBM's consistent growth by bringing to the table your business development, sales, account management, and delivery skills. Picture yourself working with a highly motivated, highly successful team with a proven sales record in IBM's top technologies. If you're ready to bring insights and experience in areas such as IoT, Blockchain and digital transformation, we are ready to offer you a best in class career development.
Your Role and Responsibilities
IBM Global Business Services (GBS) is a team of business, strategy and technology consultants enabling enterprises to make smarter decisions and providing unparalleled client and consumer experiences in cognitive, data analytics, cloud technology and mobile app development. With global reach, outcome-focused methodologies and deep industry expertise, IBM GBS empowers clients to digitally reinvent their business and get the competitive edge in the cognitive era in over 170 countries.
Bottom line? We outthink ordinary. Discover what you can do at IBM.
The Google Cloud Platform (GCP) Alliance Channel Sales Manager would be responsible for leading strategic positioning, joint proposition development, joint account development, enablement and managing IBM GBS partner relationships at all levels of the business, from global to account and proposition teams.
The successful candidate will work with GBS and Alliance Partner to establish and execute a joint business development strategy. They will build a strong network across both organizations, using personal influence & integrity, develop joint propositions and account-based sales opportunities with the Global Google Cloud Platform Leadership teams and alliance partner and drive go to market with IBM Service Lines.
- Support sales efforts for new and add-on work by assisting in identifying, developing and closing opportunities in support of our clients.
- Become the trusted coach for issue resolution within the relationship.
- Support solution adoption, go to market efforts, marketing of offerings and solutions, and development of thought leadership for offerings and solutions.
- Assist in creating and developing Thought Leadership with the Alliance partner and IBM Global Business Services for the specific solutions related to the alliance partner, and also for alliance best practice.
- Identify capability gaps to support Alliance, and work with Geo leadership and L&K to drive enablement, certification, hiring to support demand.
- Assist in building communities of Alliance-related skills and interests.
- The position is for leading the GBS CAS - GCP alliance globally
- The goal is to grow GBS services business on the GCP platform.
- Be the liaison between GCP and IBM GBS CAS organization
- Drive GCP business within IBM
- Work jointly with our GBS account partners and the Google team to grow GCP business with our clients
- Bring the new features and functionality and help bring GCP based innovation to IBM clients
- Work jointly with our GCP practice and GCP competency team to strengthen competency and grow certifications for GCP within IBM
- Define Go To Market strategy
- Help align leadership and develop collaboration between both the companies
- Develop the joint business plan and Execute the joint business plan and report periodic progress
Health Insurance. Paid time off. Corporate Holidays. Sick leave. Family planning. Financial Guidance. Competitive 401K. Training and Learning. We continue to expand our benefits and programs, offering some of the best support, guidance and coverage for a diverse employee population.
Our goal is to be essential to the world, which starts with our people. Company wide we kicked off an internal talent strategy program called Go Organic. At our core, we are committed to believing and investing in our workforce through:
- Skill development: helping our employees grow their foundational skills
- Finding the dream job at IBM: navigating our company with the potential for many careers by channeling an employee's strengths and career aspirations
- Diversity of people: Diversity of thought driving collective innovation
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- 5+ years of experience in Alliance Management
- 5+ years of experience creating and executing Business Solutions / Transformation Propositions
- 5+ years of experience assisting with marketing activities including events, proposal development and sales activities
- Experience working with large-scale clients across various industries including supporting sales efforts for new and add on work by identifying and developing in support of clients
- Experience working with functional teams to support alliance activities such as Legal and Procurement
- Experience working with senior leadership teams to develop and implement go-to-market industry specific and cross-sector strategies
- Experience building and working with communities of practitioners, including mentoring teams and providing coaching, career development and corrective actions
- Experience working in a global matrixed environment with flexibility to travel globally with minimum notice
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- 10 years of relevant and current experience working as a Channel Sales Lead, Partnerships Lead or Alliance
- 10 years of professional experience at Manager or Director level
- Strong knowledge of Google Cloud Platform
- Excellent written, oral and customer presentation, influence, and negotiation skills
- Experience partnering with cloud platform partners, preferably GCP
- Location SF Bay area California
About Business Unit
IBM Services is a team of business, strategy and technology consultants that design, build, and run foundational systems and services that is the backbone of the world's economy. IBM Services partners with the world's leading companies in over 170 countries to build smarter businesses by reimagining and reinventing through technology, with its outcome-focused methodologies, industry-leading portfolio and world class research and operations expertise leading to results-driven innovation and enduring excellence.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you're looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities - where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust - where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM's greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
We consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable law.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Back to top