GL Accountant (Fluent German)
Objective of the job:
Perform GL accounting activities within the responsibility area timely, accurate processing of accounting transactions and all related tasks to achieve the agreed business goals.
A GL Accountant is responsible for the accurate processing of accounting transactions according to the GL team activity list and all related tasks to achieve the agreed business goals.
He/she ensures the delivery of a high quality, customer-focused service to external clients. Implement changes to accounting techniques ensuring compatibility with procedures and controls using new accounting developments as input. They are focused on business controls and process improvements associated with their desk assignments or the overall team goals.
They manage the following sub processes, with significant focus on German GAAP (HGB) and IFRS reporting and accounting:
- Processing workflow, recurring entries,
- Booking/reversing proformas, Proforma vendor care activities,
- Daily reconciliation and clearing bank GL accounts,
- Processing intercompany transactions (booking invoices, intercompany payments runs, clarify intercompany differences)
- Handling leasing documentation, clear leasing vendors,
- Handling damage processes (receiving documentation, booking damage, reconcile and control damage customers),
- Activities related to the gravel dredging contract fees,
- Month-end and year-end close activities and reconciliation,
- Perform ad-hoc tasks received from team leader and manager.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Fluent German
- Fluent English
- At least 2 years experience in Accounting or other Financial area
- Bachelor degree in Economics or other relevant field
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Back to top