Genesys Technical Specialist
IBM Global Business Services (GBS) helps our clients fundamentally redesign experiences to create new sources of value, digitally reinvent their operations for great efficiency and transform their entire enterprises through cognitive. We invite you to consider joining IBM's global reach, outcome-focused methodologies, domain skills and deep industry expertise that are helping transform the way we live and work.
IBM's state-of-the-art Client Innovation Centre (CIC) opened in Nova Scotia in March 2013 and is the first of its kind in Canada. The Centre weaves together IBM's business insights and industry-leading software portfolio and is ideally suited for any client that needs flexible access to emerging or niche skills that may not be cost effective to grow internally. In addition, our focus on our team is unparalleled as demonstrated by the following:
The CIC NS is one of IBM's highest performing delivery centres worldwide - for retention, client satisfaction and utilization. Our employees are empowered to stay and grow within IBM.
More than 100 of our employees received promotion in 2015 alone. Structured career development programs are helping us grow our future leaders from within.
We are very focused on continuous skill development - staff training is our third largest annual Centre investment. Employees are immersed in a culture of learning and constant growth.
Investment in key partnership with universities, government and private sector groups which has resulted in IBM having a key influencing role in Nova Scotia's ICT industry, especially in talent development.
Your Role and Responsibilities
Our team is looking for an enthusiastic and driven Call Center Support specialist
MUST HAVE GENESYS CONTACT CENTER SOLUTION SOFTWARE EXPERIENCE
- Providing support in a Service Management environment, handling of incidents, problem and change tickets as per service levels;
- Communicating appropriately with client to determine nature and severity level of Service Incidents and/or Service Requests;
- Appropriately analyzing client Service Incidents to obtain resolution or work-around;
- Effectively communicating Service Incident resolutions to client;
- Resolving the Service Incident and/or Service Request;
- Documenting the Service Incident work-around and/or resolution;
- Providing technical support related to the maintenance and administration of the applications;
- Providing development support for minor enhancements and customizations.
- Security clearance is a must
Required Professional and Technical Expertise
- Contact Center Technical Environment knowledge
- Ability to apply minor enhancements (changes in code, etc.)
- Ability to conduct investigations of problem tickets and root cause analysis of major incidents / outages
- Ability to execute upgrades
- Infrastructure / OS knowledge
- Familiarity with Unix and Windows Server environments
- Solid analytical skills, problem determination and resolution recovery processes
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
Preferred Professional and Technical Expertise
About Business Unit
IBM Services is a team of business, strategy and technology consultants that design, build, and run foundational systems and services that is the backbone of the world's economy. IBM Services partners with the world's leading companies in over 170 countries to build smarter business by reimagining and reinventing through technology, with its outcome-focused methodologies, industry-leading portfolio and world class research and operations expertise leading to results-driven innovation and enduring excellence.
Your Life @ IBM
n/a at this time
n/a at this time
This role will involve working with technology that is covered by Export Regulations sanctions. If you are a Foreign National from any of the following US sanctioned countries (Cuba, Iran, North Korea, Sudan, and Syria) on a work permit, you are not eligible for employment in this position.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Back to top