(GBS) Title : Application Architect: Banking
- Taipei, Taiwan
As an IBM Application Architect, you directly help clients transform their business and solve complex problems. You will define the scope and vision for projects that deliver customized solutions using your knowledge of IBM platforms. You are a technical leader, serving as a liaison among business partners, technical resources, and project stakeholders.
Your Role and Responsibilities
- As Application Architect Banking you will beResponsible for supporting critical Business applications and ensuring the stability of the applications.
- Understand the requirements, current state architecture of the enterprise and create roadmap for the future enhancements accordingly.
- Create Software Architecture Document, High Level and Low Level Design document, Non functional requirements for the project.
- Define Integration Design and Security Design for the Web Services and Enterprise components involved.
- Participate in production of detailed functional design documents to match customer requirements.
- Participate in production of technical specification for development and integration requirements.
- Review design documents for services such as Service Design Document, Service physical Document and define Service SLAs in Non functional requirements.
- Collect and Provide estimates for the requirements.
- Engage with client architecture group.
- Collaborate with internal technology teams and contribute to various internal initiatives.
- Mentor and train project team members on the Solution details for a smoother execution.
- Ensure quality deliverables.
- Responsible for designing complex systems
- Independently act as a technical expert in multiple areas.
- Evaluation of technical feasibility, analysis of advanced systems, design complex technical solutions to implement business requirements
- Handle multiple tasks at one time.
- Provide technical guidance to development team members.
- Technical deliverables (i.e., code and documentation) on projects assigned.
- Translate detailed Requirements and Design and Solution Architecture deliverables into detailed design specifications.
- Maintain effective and consistent communication within the team, with peers, the leadership team and the peers in other IT groups.
- Proactively raise issues to Technical and Group Leads when necessary.
- Produce high-quality application engineering deliverables in accordance with the project timeline.
- Build and unit test a project to detailed design specifications.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- 10+ plus years of experience in defining solution architecture for large enterprise applications using Java/J2EE, SOA Webservices (SOAP and REST), ESBs, Open Source products, and strong working knowledge of SOA, SOAP, WSDL, Service Orchestration, Business Process Choreography, BPEL, Spring MVC and JSON.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or a related field.
- Proven background in Java / Core Java. Hands on in coding and Architecture.
- Preferable banking domain experience.
- Working Knowledge of Web Technologies such as Html 5, CSS 3, jQuery, Spring MVVC and WebServices (SOAP/REST).
- Hands on experience of technology areas of Messaging, Transaction Management, Spring MVC, Hibernate, DAO, etc.
- Indepth understanding of Object Oriented design methodologies and design patterns.
- Prior experience in timely creation of appropriate technical artifacts e.g. Application Architecture, Solution Design Documents, etc.
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Proven Interpersonal communication and organizational skills required to operate as a contributing member of virtual teams that deliver quality services.
- Ability to Maintain awareness of new and emerging technologies and the potential application on service offerings and products provided by IT.
- Familiar with supporting peer teams and responsibilities such as infrastructure, operations, enterprise architecture, info security.
- Experience working with multi-vendor, multi-culture, distributed offshore and onshore development teams in dynamic and complex environment.
- Project Management skills in following areas in desirable
- Experience with Microsoft Project Plan or similar planning tool.
- Experience with Agile development methodology.
- Experience with Cloud Computing
About Business Unit
IBM Services is a team of business, strategy and technology consultants that design, build, and run foundational systems and services that is the backbone of the world's economy. IBM Services partners with the world's leading companies in over 170 countries to build smarter businesses by reimagining and reinventing through technology, with its outcome-focused methodologies, industry-leading portfolio and world class research and operations expertise leading to results-driven innovation and enduring excellence.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you're looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities - where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust - where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM's greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Back to top