(GBS) Business Analyst-Cognitive Computing
Job Role Responsibilities
- Understanding and documenting business processes and workflows and their relationships to current and future software solutions.
- Partnering with business users to fully surface their requirements; conducting interviews with key project stakeholders and document and presenting the results.
- Assisting business users, project managers and IT leadership in optimizing the scope, benefits and risks of proposed projects; help manage expectations of users and management.May act as a project manager on some, small size, projects.
- Defining use cases to articulate new functional software needs and the roles of each class of application user.
- Analyzing the impact of change requests.
- Supporting traceability from requirements through to QA; assisting in the definition of test plans and testing strategies and in the creation of test cases.
- Assisting in the definition of roll out, training and user support plans.
- Creating and/or reviewing manuals, procedures, and related user documentation; ensuring documentation is targeted to the appropriate audience
- Presenting concepts in a concise and focused manner, including narrative, process diagrams, role and accountability diagrams and business-focused story boards.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Experience of Java development.
- Knowledge in the Struts, Spring Framework, Hibernate/JPA, JSF.
- Knowledge of Web Service SOAP.
- Familiar WebSphere/WebLogic Application Server.
- Knowledge of Oracle Database, PL/SQL and SQL statement.
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Back to top