(GBS) Application Architect
IBM Global Business Services (GBS) is a world leading strategy consultancy with deep industry expertise. We are looking for application architect in the financial services.
This role will take strong leadership in technical aspect to guide client reinventing their business using cutting edge technologies. Also expected to work closely with user experience designer and business consultant to realize client's vision for new applications both on premise and on cloud.
- Lead or join development team in projects to deliver proposed system for client's business requirements.
- Responsible for design application architecture and outline component model specification for team member to implement.
- Provide industry insights in requirement elicitation.
- Fast response to POC activities to early assess solution feasibility and risks of architecture design
- Technology Evangelist in application architecture and programming.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Master architectural and programming skill in Open environment (Java related)
- Fluent experience in mainstream application framework, open source packages.
- Hands-on experience in Web/Mobile/Cloud based system development for the recent 5 years of work.
- Lead and responsible for detail architectural design and implementation for at least 2+ completed projects (on production)
- Actual experience in system performance tuning by identify application architecture and infrastructure bottleneck.
- Familiar with practical DevOps implementation.
- Good Team player with strong leadership and ambition to achieve challenging targets.
- Enthusiasm for self-learning new technology and methodology, love to realized them in real world scenarios.
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
- Actual participating in agile project environment, especially Scrum process.
- Experience in utilizing any of mainstream cloud environment.
- Experience in Native Android/iOS app development is plus.
- Hands on experience in Microservices, Blockchain , Cloud environment would be preferred.
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Meet Some of IBM's Employees
Leadership Development Solutions Leader
Peter works with a variety of teams within IBM to increase organizational clarity, equip leaders to serve well, and provide opportunities for employees to continually grow and expand their skills.
Back to top