GATS Infrastructure Specialist: HS&O – z/Software
The GATS Infrastructure Specialist for IBM Z Software (zSW) provides support for GTS Infrastructure Managed Services, Strategic Outsourcing and Asset Management for zSW reconciliation. The specialist will work as part of the Mainframe Optimisation Squad within GTS Advanced Technical Support (GATS), which includes Infrastructure Specialists and Architects who cover both IBM Z hardware and Software.
The role covers the following services
- Software Product configurations for ordering and media delivery
- Pricing simulations
- Product analysis
- Update machine and software changes in inventory.
- ESW licensing and pricing education.
- Pricing support which includes; 'what if' pricing scenarios.
- Provide SCRT analysis and configurations for MLC and IPLA full capacity and sub-capacity entitlements.
- Pricing for migration to bundled/packaged software and MLC to VUE conversions.
- Price Harmonization Activities
- Proactively maintain and build knowledge base and skills to handle the increasing complexities of zSW Licensing.
- Provide account delivery team with current zSW stack for building new proposals & special BIDs
- Creating pricing simulations using WLPricer (WLP) and the CMP Billing Spreadsheet.
- Act as trusted SME source to support GTS with the implementation of CMP billing
- Create applicable CMP Billing Spreadsheet including approved special bid pricing/terms and ELA/CBA pricing.
- Collaborating with other Teams for education on CFSW & WLP as the CMP process evolves
- Software inventory Accuracy and Management support (inventory analysis, error fixing)
- Identifying, removing and archiving SW no longer in use and old versions for products involved in trade-ups. Raising new configurations for the required SW license updates where hardware has upgraded.
- Providing education and guidance on zSW MLC and IPLA licensing and pricing rules.
- Provide education on new offerings such as MVM, Mobile workload pricing and CMP.
- General zSoftware Q&A support and assistance and interpretation of product announcement letters.
- Min. 1 Year of experience on similar position
- Apply problem solving techniques
- Work in multicultural environment
- 2-3 years Pre-Sales or support experience preferably in Mainframe area
- 2-3 y. Experience in software licensing and pricing methodologies
- 3-5 years of experience in Information Technology Industry (Infrastructures).
- IBM Z / Mainframe (hardware with z software)
- CFSWeb or configuration tools knowledge
What we can offer you:
- Think40 - access to a universe of knowledge through various education channels
- Working on international projects in multicultural teams
- Coaching and mentoring sessions
- Opportunities to constantly learn evolving technologies
- Friendly open office environment & flexible working hours
- Languages classes free of charge
- Discounts in various restaurants & cultural places
- Private medical and life insurance package
- Multisport Card
- Summer camps for children
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
As in Job Description
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
As in Job Description
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Meet Some of IBM's Employees
Leadership Development Solutions Leader
Peter works with a variety of teams within IBM to increase organizational clarity, equip leaders to serve well, and provide opportunities for employees to continually grow and expand their skills.
Back to top