IBM Global Business Services (GBS) helps our clients fundamentally redesign experiences to create new sources of value, digitally reinvent their operations for great efficiency and transform their entire enterprises through cognitive. We invite you to consider joining IBM's global reach, outcome-focused methodologies, domain skills and deep industry expertise that are helping transform the way we live and work.
IBM's state-of-the-art Client Innovation Centre (CIC) opened in Nova Scotia in March 2013 and is the first of its kind in Canada. The Centre weaves together IBM's business insights and industry-leading software portfolio and is ideally suited for any client that needs flexible access to emerging or niche skills that may not be cost effective to grow internally. In addition, our focus on our team is unparalleled as demonstrated by the following:
- The CIC NS is one of IBM's highest performing delivery centres worldwide - for retention, client satisfaction and utilization. Our employees are empowered to stay and grow within IBM.
- More than 100 of our employees received promotion in 2015 alone. Structured career development programs are helping us grow our future leaders from within.
- We are very focused on continuous skill development - staff training is our third largest annual Centre investment. Employees are immersed in a culture of learning and constant growth.
- Investment in key partnership with universities, government and private sector groups which has resulted in IBM having a key influencing role in Nova Scotia's ICT industry, especially in talent development.
Our Application Management Services Testing and Performance practice is a global leader in providing clients with multiple application development and integration related services and support capacities. As a Functional Tester, you are a key contributor to the implementation of business and technical solutions for clients with overall view of functional testing for client based applications.
As a Tester for Functional Testing, you specialize in the analysis of applications with an eye to quality. This role is responsible for examining and evaluating the functional requirements for the applications and drives the quality of how the applications are designed to work.
- Identifying system functional errors of our client's applications based on the expected design of these applications.
- Understand the requirements and characteristics end-to-end IT solution being developed.
- Examining and evaluating functionality of the applications and drive the solution with the IT team.
- Understand the test strategy and evaluate the direction for testing to validate application readiness and help transition solutions into production.
- Work with test tools and test methods that adequately stress the system.
- Providing technical leadership and assist with test planning.
- Providing leadership for test design and guidance during test specification development.
- Working with the project manager to identify and plan non-functional testing related activities and deliver a project on time and budget while meeting all quality objectives
- Identifying infrastructure related issues during functional and non-functional test phases
- Interacting with internal and client cross-functional teams to ensure successful execution of the test cases during development and successful transition to production
- Identify risk areas, understand performance requirements, estimate response and throughput characteristics, and anticipate growth capability for a project
- Perform technical assessment of the feasibility of the performance requirements in light of the outline system architecture
- Support Proposals and responses to RFPs
- Minimum of 8-10 years demonstrated experience in the planning, design, management, execution, and reporting of non-functional tests using appropriate testing tools and techniques.
- Proficiency with performance test tools, such as Rational Performance Tester, LoadRunner, and others
- Good understanding of Performance Engineering concepts and analysis
- Experience with analyzing test results and resolving performance-related issues
- Ability to Perform Vendor / Product / Design / Implementation Tools Selection
- Working knowledge of various infrastructure components including networking, messaging, data, UNIX shell scripts and web-applications.
- Demonstrated leadership abilities including managing teams and project assignments, designing and executing processes and plans, resolving issues and building consensus across groups.
- Excellent people management skills
- Excellent organizational skills to track, monitor, and report testing progress
- Detail oriented multi-tasker with ability to prioritize and manage conflicting demands to targeted deadlines.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
Please see above
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Back to top