Functional Manager: Learning & Knowledge (L&K)
You and IBM India
IBM's Purpose is to be essential to our clients, to the world and one another and we are confident that together as IBMers we will drive this purpose. Joining IBM is about joining a culture of openness, teamwork, trust, and the invitation and expectation to have a voice. Join us and Do your Best Work Ever.
IBM is recognized gold standard for inclusion, reflected in winning, to name few, the 2018 Catalyst Award for advancing women in business, the National Award Best Employer of People with Disabilities and being named one of the top 5 2018 Top Companies for Women Technologists for building an inclusive work environment - We advocate for fairness and equality as everyone is, and always has been, welcome at IBM.
We at IBM Global Business Services (GBS) are a dynamic group of Business, Strategy and Technology professionals - a specific source of market-leading Industry Consulting, Application and Business process management, supported by the industry's most sophisticated outcome-based delivery model. All designed to be the Digital Reinvention partner for leading clients across the world - providing value-led and asset-powered end to end solutions.
With a global footprint in over 170 countries, we are empowering clients to build upon their tremendous heritage in Application Innovation processes and also transform them to a Cloud, Cognitive and Social centric world. With skills across six sectors and 17 industries, all major service lines and competencies, IBM's GBS is a promising business unit in itself to be a part of.
IBM GBS Learning and Knowledge:
GBS Learning and Knowledge Portal supports skills growth, provides Cognitive solutions for finding relevant knowledge assets, and is a System of Engagement for sharing talent and expertise. The mission is to be the essential enterprise-wide trusted resource for how we learn and share knowledge. Backed by a team of learning consultants and knowledge specialists working with business leaders, the L&K consistently develops high quality learning and knowledge content.
Your day in the role will include...
- Graduate Hire training program covers around 3500 engineering graduates entering into IBM System. Currently the entire training program is carried out from the Bangalore location. Around 40 class room with facility to train roughly 800 to 1000 GHs at a time is available for this training. You will be responsible for providing Campus to Corporate transition while ensuring that the training program is conducted flawlessly
- Governing the overall Graduate Hire training program
- Ensuring all the Graduate hire trainings are delivered on time
- Source the trainers from Internal or via vendors for delivering the trainings
- Identification and execution of different improvement initiatives.
- Strategic guidance to both GH delivery team and to Graduate hires
- Vendor management
- Quarterly and annual budget preparation
- Ensuring training effectiveness
- Collaboration among different stakeholders (HR, RCM, Vendors, Facility, Security etc.)
- Risks and Issue Management
- Reward and recognition to trainers and GHs
- You'll have access to all the technical and management training courses to become the expert you want to be
- You'll learn directly from experienced practitioners in the field, our teams love to mentor
- You have the opportunity to work in many different areas to figure out what really excites you.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- You should have around 12-14+ years of experience, especially in the area of L&K.
- You will be part of the L&K Team as a L&K Program Manager and manage/drive the overall Graduate Hire Program (GHP)
- Will be required to closely work with the Leadership team across various business units
- Understand business priorities and align strategic initiatives to drive transformation and change management
- Identifying current and future training needs and draw an overall development plan
- You will assess learning and development needs, drive training initiatives, and execute simplified solutions for the graduates.
- Drive deployment of training plan
- Assess the success of the programs and recommend changes ; Monitor and evaluate training effectiveness, publish report and drive RCA
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Back to top