Full-Stack Developer Trainee
We are creators. We don't just make great products. We craft experiences that delight our users and shape the future, tackling the biggest business challenge: Tomorrow.
IBM iX is a global business design partner that works at the intersection of progressive strategy, creative vision and transformational technology. We deliver progressive ideas through the use of IBM Design Thinking - not just for design but for the solving of business problems. With our colleagues from other IBM units we blend analytics, design and development to create authentic interactions that create meaningful business impact.
Now, we are now looking for Full Stack Developer Trainees to kick-off career and join our team in Helsinki Office!
You will get to work in cross-functional teams with IBMers across practices and countries to help our clients to succeed by implementing new technologies tackling the client business challenges. As example projects, you could be part of the team building AI-enabled chatbot solutions or delivering mobile apps that transform our clients employees work experience by connecting them with relevant back-end data in hand-held devices.
What we look for is passionate developers, with the following characteristics:
- You love to code, whether it's back-end, front-end or somewhere in the middle, what drives you is cracking challenges with modern software development technologies
- Constant willingness to learn and develop yourself with new trends
- Strong interest in software development, user interface development and/or architecture.
- Suitable educational background for example in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Mathematics or other relevant field and ongoing studies (excepted graduation within a year or so)
What we offer?
- Fixed term part-time contract with weekly working hours that are limited to 30 allowing you to finish your studies. Trainee period is generally 6-12 months, but may be adjusted according to individual schedules.
- After trainee period and finalizing studies, possibility to continue with a regular full-time position where we invite you to join our Consulting by Degrees (CbD) program. Consulting by Degrees is 18-24 months IBM's global graduate leadership and development program designed for graduates who are passionate about building a career in consulting. https://www-935.ibm.com/services/careers/consulting-by-degrees/global/
If interested, please apply now! We will fill in the positions, when suitable candidates found. If you did not find the match yet, please check our other open trainee positions. Please also include cover letter and link to your work portfolio in your application
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Bachelor's or Master's Degree in relevant field of studies: Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Mathematics
preferably about 12 months left with current studies
- Finnish & English : Fluent
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Back to top