Fullstack Developer - AWS Cloud Microservices (Perth)
- Perth, Australia
IBM Application Consultants work directly with our clients on key initiatives. You will have the opportunity to build an in-depth understanding of their business issues and implement organizational strategies that drive adoption of change. We are looking for experts who can build credibility and trust with our clients and provide knowledge that addresses individual and unique business needs.
Your Role and Responsibilities
IBM is the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, serving clients in 170 countries. In this new era of Cognitive Business, IBM is helping to reshape industries by bringing together our expertise in Cloud, Analytics, Security, Mobile, and the Internet of Things. We are changing how we create. How we collaborate. How we analyse. How we engage. IBM is a leader in this global transformation so there is no better place to launch your career.
We are currently recruiting a Fullstack Developer - AWS Cloud Microservices for a permanent hire contract, based in Perth .
Role and Responsibilities:
- Position requires analytical ability, creativity and judgment in analysing, developing and implementing software solutions to complex requirements.
- Defines, recommends, and implements strategy and solutions which deliver customer value and satisfaction through software and Cloud.
- Leads professional teams to produce quality-centric outcomes and contributes to Product Management and planning activities, ensuring that development practices align with the business and end customer need.
- Thoroughly understands and effectively executes existing software development practices, processes and procedures and develops/introduces new approaches as appropriate.
- Ensures accurate and thorough documentation is maintained for the project.
- Provide thought leadership to the team in the Technology and Engineering domain - leveraging a broad knowledge of the technology industry to continually uplift the standard of engineering and the end product.
Experience Level & Skills Competency
- 5 years of experience as a software engineer with a track record of delivering positive business impact and high quality code.
- Experience with Angular (7+)
- Experience in functional programming
- Experience in Agile development, encouraging the adoption and continuous improvement of practices including automation, continuous integration and continuous delivery.
- Experience in architecting, designing, developing on, and managing Development Platforms hosted on Public Cloud specifically AWS using technologies such as Lambda, API Gateway, CloudFront, S3, DynamoDB
- Experience working in Agile & Scrum environments
- Strong proficiency in Agile Collaboration Tools, e.g. Confluence, JIRA
If you tick these boxes, and are ready to start your next challenge with a career at IBM - click "Apply" today. To find out more, head to www.ibm.com.au/careers
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
About Business Unit
IBM Services is a team of business, strategy and technology consultants that design, build, and run foundational systems and services that is the backbone of the world's economy. IBM Services partners with the world's leading companies in over 170 countries to build smarter businesses by reimagining and reinventing through technology, with its outcome-focused methodologies, industry-leading portfolio and world class research and operations expertise leading to results-driven innovation and enduring excellence.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you're looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities - where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust - where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM's greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Back to top