Full-Stack Data Engineer
IBM Global Business Services (GBS) is a team of business, strategy and technology consultants enabling enterprises to make smarter decisions and providing unparalleled client and consumer experiences in cognitive, data analytics, cloud technology and mobile app development. With global reach, outcome-focused methodologies and deep industry expertise, IBM GBS empowers clients to digitally reinvent their business and get the competitive edge in the cognitive era in over 170 countries.
Bottom line? We outthink ordinary. Discover what you can do at IBM.
This position requires an active TS/SCI clearance with polygraph preferred.
We are seeking a Full-Stack Data Engineer to join IBM in support of a growing Advanced Analytics effort for the Defense Intelligence Agency (DIA). The Full-Stack Data Engineer will provide full-time support in the areas of database design, data manipulations, tailored script / algorithm development, and data visualization. The role is in the Washington DC area (Reston, VA and/or Washington, DC).
Candidate will have the following skills/experience:
- Database design and maintenance, including designing new tables and relationships, proper database normalization, and tuning using database indices
- ETL (Extract, Transform, Load) development, including merging and normalizing related data sources
- Technical skills in MVC frameworks, Web API design, natural language processing (NLP)
- Must possess the ability to communicate clearly, concisely, and with technical accuracy in both oral and written modes.
- Must be able to work effectively under time constraints and potentially changing priorities, while maintaining a high level of attention to detail.
- Must be able to work in a collaborative, team environment, including on government site where availability of advanced development/database tools may be limited
- Bachelors Degree in Engineering, Mathematics, Operations Research, or Computer Science, or related technical field
Health Insurance. Paid time off. Corporate Holidays. Sick leave. Family planning. Financial Guidance. Competitive 401K. Training and Learning. We continue to expand our benefits and programs, offering some of the best support, guidance and coverage for a diverse employee population.
Our goal is to be essential to the world, which starts with our people. Company wide we kicked off an internal talent strategy program called Go Organic. At our core, we are committed to believing and investing in our workforce through:
- Skill development: helping our employees grow their foundational skills
- Finding the dream job at IBM: navigating our company with the potential for many careers by channeling an employee's strengths and career aspirations
- Diversity of people: Diversity of thought driving collective innovation
With an employee population of 375,000 in over 170 countries, amazingly we connect, collaborate, and care. IBMers drive a corporate culture of shared responsibility. We love grand challenges and everyday improvements for our company and for the world. We care about each other, our clients, and the communities we live, work, and play in!
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
• US Citizen with active TS//SCI clearance or show immediate eligibility according to JPAS security database
• 4+ years of data engineering and/or programming experience
• Database design & maintenance, including designing new tables/relationships, proper database normalization & tuning using database indices
• ETL development, including merging & normalizing related data sources
• Technical skills in MVC frameworks, Web API design, natural language processing (NLP)
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
• Masters Degree, preferably in Engineering, Mathematics, Operations Research, Statistics, Computer Science, or related
• Experience with Machine Learning and/or Data Science
• Experience with identifying and gathering operational and intelligence data from DOD organizations and systems
• Experience with national or military intelligence capabilities and their use
• Polygraph strongly preferred (CI or FSP)
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Meet Some of IBM's Employees
Leadership Development Solutions Leader
Peter works with a variety of teams within IBM to increase organizational clarity, equip leaders to serve well, and provide opportunities for employees to continually grow and expand their skills.
Back to top