Full Stack Developer - Canberra
Your Role and Responsibilities
Full stack developer
IBM's value to clients includes IBM's business consulting division, which brings expertise in aligning technology strategies with business strategies to enable innovation, acceleration, and value realization through client solutions and services. IBM consultants have a global reach and are dedicated to working face-to-face with clients to address all of their industry and transformative needs as they reinvent themselves for the future.
We are looking for technical leaders with in-depth knowledge of software development, design and integration and can apply this knowledge to solve complex software engineering problems. You will use teamwork and group dynamics skills to lead development of software engineering solutions. You will work with a SaaS product built using microservices architecture, container orchestration, REST APIs, asynchronous messaging and more cloud-based technologies.
- Position requires analytical ability, creativity and judgment in analysing, developing and implementing software solutions to complex requirements.
- Defines, recommends, and implements strategy and solutions which deliver customer value and satisfaction through software and Cloud.
- Leads professional teams and significant project planning activities, ensuring that development is completed in a timely and cost-effective manner.
- Thoroughly understands and effectively executes existing software development processes and procedures and develops new approaches as appropriate.
- Ensures accurate and thorough documentation is maintained for the project.
- Assumes additional responsibilities as needed.
Required Technical And Professional Expertise
- Integration - Expertise and experience developing in IBM Integration Middleware technologies such as DataPower, Integration Bus, MQ and API Connect as a Developer
- Linux - Expertise and experience in Linux/RHEL system administration and shell scripting
- Java - Expertise and experience developing in J2EE frameworks such as Spring and JPA/Hibernate; and working with web services (SOAP) and DB2 databases
- Experience developing and implementing operating system level scripting to support automation of operation, management and software deployment activities
- Inclination and desire to perform detailed, hands on technical activities to high quality standards
- Preparedness to learn and develop new technical skills quickly
- Good working knowledge of a variety of network platforms, operating systems, and network topologies and protocols
- Minimum of Baseline clearance, NV1 preferred
Preferred Technical And Professional Experience
- Experience developing RHEL software deployment packages (i.e. RPMs)
- Experience working with application infrastructure in secure environments and sound knowledge of information security principles, including the Australian Government Information Security Manual (ISM)
- Experience operating and managing ICT infrastructure in the Defence environment (or similar)
- Experience working with Defence or similar federal government secure network gateways
- NV2 clearance
Required Professional and Technical Expertise
Same as above
Preferred Professional and Technical Expertise
Same as above
About Business Unit
Your Life @ IBM
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Back to top