Full Stack Developer
Software Developers at IBM are the backbone of our strategic initiatives to design, code, test, and provide industry-leading solutions that make the world run today - planes and trains take off on time, bank transactions complete in the blink of an eye and the world remains safe because of the work our software developers do. Whether you are working on projects internally or for a client, software development is critical to the success of IBM and our clients worldwide. At IBM, you will use the latest software development tools, techniques and approaches and work with leading minds in the industry to build solutions you can be proud of.
Your Role and Responsibilities
As a Full Stack Developer on the engineering team, your responsibilities will include:
- Producing solutions that excel at performance, reliability and web scalability
- Complete coding, testing, defect fixes, and production support, using agile CI/CD methodologies
- Analyzing current code and existing design with the goal of enacting improvements geared towards making components and processes more efficient for the entire team
- Planning iterations and representing accomplishments at team scrums
- Presenting individual and team status during weekly playbacks or on management calls
- Managing risks and resolving issues that affect scope, schedule, and quality
- Effectively leveraging build, deployment and monitoring/logging tools such as Travis CI/Jenkins, New Relic, Logentries, etc.
- Evaluating and selecting appropriate tools to enhance the teams' productivity
- Coaching and collaborating with other development team members
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Knowledge of one or more server-side languages (NodeJS, PHP, Java, etc.)
- Knowledge of microservices architecture
- Knowledge of DevOps concepts and methodologies
- Experience with agile methods, iterative development and continuous integration
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Bachelor's Degree (Computer Science or related) or equivalent experience
- Knowledge of user analytics and monitoring
- Experience building and deploying SOA/web services (REST, JSON, XML, SOAP)
- Experience with Kubernetes, Docker, OpenShift and container development paradigms
- Knowledge of the IBM Cloud offering and marketplace ecosystem
About Business Unit
At IBM Cognitive Applications, we build open applications that unlock the power of data for clients, partners, and developers. Running on top of IBM's unique Hybrid, Multi-cloud and AI infrastructures, these applications work across horizontal domains and bring our technology to life for end users. Cognitive Applications unit includes: Watson Customer Engagement, Watson IoT, Watson Media and Weather, Talent & Collaboration, Digital Growth & Commerce, and IBM Developer teams.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you're looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities - where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust - where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM's greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Back to top