Full Stack Developer
- Dublin, Ireland
Software Developers at IBM are the backbone of our strategic initiatives to design, code, test, and provide industry-leading solutions that make the world run today - planes and trains take off on time, bank transactions complete in the blink of an eye and the world remains safe because of the work our software developers do. Whether you are working on projects internally or for a client, software development is critical to the success of IBM and our clients worldwide. At IBM, you will use the latest software development tools, techniques and approaches and work with leading minds in the industry to build solutions you can be proud of.
IBM Dublin is seeking Software Engineers to work as part of a Global IBM Cloud Platform Development team. Be part of an evolving team, building quality software offerings for a large organisation using CI/CD principles and driving change across the organisation. Working as part of the IBM Cloud organisation, you will be working in a fast growing area, learning new skills and technologies on a daily basis.
Your Role and Responsibilities
As part of the IBM Cloud Developer Services team, the roles and responsibilities will include working as part of a global team to deliver on key functional areas and best practices for IBM Cloud Services.
- The role will include development of software solutions that will get deployed to IBM Cloud, using CI/CD and working as part of a global team on shared goals
- Working as part of a local team using Agile methodologies the role will require a strong technical background with the ability to debug and build quality software solutions
- Working to resolve and prevent customer related incidents and participating in follow up post mortems
- Focus on quality software development, including reliability, security and performance
- The role of Software Development Engineer requires excellent trouble shooting skills and the ability to deliver quality software
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Strong software development skills, with a proven track record in developing quality software solutions
- Experience in software development engineering in a Cloud Environment
- Software Engineering Best Practices (Code reviews, verification points, testing models)
- Containerisation and Instrumentation: Docker & Kubernetes
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Excellent oral and written communication, teamwork, and debugging skills
- Strong communication and analytical skills
- Self-Starter who is a fast learner of technology and willing to experiment to find the best solutions
- Strong software programming and Agile methodology skills
About Business Unit
Digitization is accelerating the ongoing evolution of business, and clouds - public, private, and hybrid - enable companies to extend their existing infrastructure and integrate across systems. IBM Cloud provides the security, control, and visibility that our clients have come to expect. We are working to provide the right tools and environment to combine all of our client's data, no matter where it resides, to respond to changing market dynamics.
IBM Cloud is a multi-billion dollar business that is growing through providing enterprise solutions across Public, Private and Hybrid Cloud, as well as providing multi-Cloud capabilities.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you're looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities - where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust - where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM's greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Back to top