Full Stack Application Developer
Software Developers at IBM are the backbone of our strategic initiatives to design, code, test, and provide industry-leading solutions that make the world run today - planes and trains take off on time, bank transactions complete in the blink of an eye and the world remains safe because of the work our software developers do. Whether you are working on projects internally or for a client, software development is critical to the success of IBM and our clients worldwide. At IBM, you will use the latest software development tools, techniques and approaches and work with leading minds in the industry to build solutions you can be proud of.
Your Role and Responsibilities
Who you are :
- As an Application Developer, you will design, develop and support application solutions with focus on building and testing Java application. You'll play an important role in developing codes, DevOps Development Practice.
What you'll do :
- You will build applications to demonstrate agile and dynamic software support capabilities for the development team.
- Responsible for maintenance and improvement of critical IBM internal applications.
- Develop cloud native applications using Git, Maven, Spring Boot
- As part of a dedicated, Agile team, You will be responsible for performing application development based on Agile methodologies & participate in requirements / user story analysis and design.
- Complete activities related to the assigned user stories based on priority.
- Conduct appropriate unit and module testing using JUnit. Detect, report, investigate and fix defects in the application (production support).
- Work effectively in collaboration with other team members - as well as partners and other support functions when required.
- Continued focus on improving the applications.
We, at IBM, always believe that it is extremely important to have the right person for the right job and you are a perfect fit to this strategy. We want people with the ability to learn; who are ready to put good ideas into action - We wish you great success in your career and encourage you to bring your best self to work with IBM.
How we'll help you grow:
- You'll have access to all the technical training courses you need to become the expert you want to be
- You'll learn directly from SMEs in the field
- You'll have the opportunity to work in many different areas to figure out what really excites you
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Minimum 3 - 5 years of experience in applications development using Java Spring Framework with expertise on Java 8 , Spring Core, Spring Boot, Spring MVC, REST , Hibernate, Angular JS
- Working knowledge in web development tools such as STS, Eclipse, Git
- Proven ability of Web Service implementation (RESTful and SOAP)
- Should be conversant with Build tools like Ant , Maven.
- Hands on experience in Java Microservices development using Docker and Spring Cloud
- Knowledge of Cloud development lifecycle and cloud technologies and tools
- Expertise with Agile and DevOps practice and associated toolchains for code versioning, build, deploy, testing, monitoring
- Ability to independently analyse requirements based on a given specification and come up with a sound and balanced algorithmic design.
- Demonstrated communication skills in a customer/stakeholder facing environment.
- Must be self-directed, resilient and creative.
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Validated knowledge in REST API's, Web Services, SOA and associated data format - JSON/Yaml
- Proven ability in Dockers and Containers - hands on experience with set up / deployment
- Intuitive individual with an ability to manage change and proven time management
- Proven interpersonal skills while contributing to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
- Up-to-date technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing publications
About Business Unit
The IBM Finance organization is responsible for driving enterprise performance and transformation. We are the financial stewards of IBM, delivering IBM's financial strategy, developing new business models, and mitigating enterprise risk. Do you have a passion for creating business value? Join our team in accounting, financial planning, pricing, business controls, tax, treasury, business development (acquisitions & divestitures), and global financing.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you're looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities - where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust - where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM's greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Back to top